Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by skin tone : Other
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

on 6/26/2015 9:24:00 PM

This little tube is definitely my ultimate favourite lip balm. My whole life i have used so many balm brands i barely remember their name but i swear i will never forget this. Just a little sad that this sweetie is a local goody, not an outspread trend, which should have been already. But i love it i just love it so much.
At first when i applied it on my lips, it felt like i just ate something greasy and forgot to wipe my mouth, cuz it did feel a lil heavy. But then it started to dry up and didnt feel oily anymore. Just then i realised what it did to my dead-skin-covered lips. My lips felt absolutely moisturised and soft, like they were reborn. The greater thing was that, i just used a teny tiny little amount of the product, like half a drop or so, but it was still enuf to cover my full lips and kept them hydrated all night long. When i woke up, my lips was just like a dream. I saw no dead-skin on them anymore. Omg this is absolutely phenomenal.
I am not so much a fan of using my fingers to apply any kind of lipstick/balm, i always buy a stick, not a tub or a tube, but this got me on its edge and im totally in love with it that i can go at any length for it.
And it is undoubtedly worth the money.

on 6/8/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product for years and continue to buy it over and over again. I apply this to my lips every night and wake up to smooth, moisturised lips. I think it also helps that after my shower I always gently exfoliate my lips with a towel.

The smell of this is ever so slightly sweet (papaw?) and the colour is tinged yellow but obviously goes on clear. Going back to the smell, I think it can sometimes vary. I bought one once that smelled so incredibly off, almost like a pile of rotting fruit, but I think that's a rare thing! The texture is viscous, similar to that off other petroleum jelly products. However, in hot weather, it tends to melt and become quite runny which is troublesome if you've got the tube.

I don't mind the tube packaging because it's convenient to carry around in my handbag. However, I rarely reapply during the day. Partly because this keeps my lips moisturised for a very long time especially when I'm not doing much, but mainly because I'm not crazy about using my fingers to apply lip products when I'm out and about.

The price is so-so. The smallest size (25g) is around $5, the 75g around $10 and the 200g around $20 (all AUD). I'm sure some people would much prefer just buying Vaseline at just a fraction of the cost. However, this ointment has done wonders for me and I can't bring myself to buy anything else.

It is certainly more cost effective to buy the two larger containers but there's a reason why I haven't yet. The idea of having to dip my fingers in to get the product doesn't seem too appealing. In saying that, I think I'll start buying the containers because I can leave a container on my bedside table while just carrying the smaller tube when I'm out.

This product is also wonderful for burns (there's been several times where I'm silly enough to touch a hot saucepan or kettle). After running the burn under cold water, I just slap some of this on and cover it with a bandaid. The next day, any burn feels a lot more soothed and it also heals well.

This is the only product that works on my cracked lips. No other lip balm will do, no matter how expensive.
Lucas' Papaw works amolst overnight. Amazing stuff. If I had to choose only one skincare and makeup product that I would buy again it would be this. Trilogy's Rosehip Oil would come second. I don't know how Australian's came up with this superb formula, but I am glad I found it. Also great to use for night time after a day of wearing lipstick.

I'm an Aussie so of course I have to own this product! Staple on the bedside table, you can use in on everything. Great for dry lips, dry bits of skin, if you need something to heal. Kinda like Elizabeth Arden 8 hr cream, but not as thick and sticky (and cheaper). And it's only got paw paw in it ! I don't know how but it does...

on 4/21/2010 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's so sad that this is only available in Australia; because this stuff works, For everything!
I used it on a popped zit, and it healed better than normal! I put it on an open wound on my toe and I feel as if it's helped it heal more quickly. I applied it to a wrinkle that I noticed was budding and I think it's smoothing out!
As a lip balm, it's okay. I own other balms that work better in this department (try Mistral Shea Butter, or Julie Hewett Camilla Balm), but it still works fairly well.
I have this in the 25g tube, which travels well. It costs 4.50AUD, not including shipping (which is an arm and a leg from Australia) and it's a slightly peach tinted opaque balm that goes on clear.
The bottom line is... This stuff is incredible.

I saw another review that panned the scent. I like the scent. It's fairly faint, and I'm not sur

on 3/16/2010 7:03:00 PM

Fabulous product--best lip balm I've ever used. A bit pricey but so worth it.

After reading that Victoria's Secret model, Miranda Kerr swore by Lucas Papaw ointment, I had to try it!! I had it CP for me from a lovely aussie and its by far an amazing product! I use it on my lips and it makes my lips so soft and takes care of any dryness or cracked dry corners. Ive also been using on blemishes and it really does heal them up nicely. Im so used to putting benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid on blemishes so it was weird putting a vaseline type of product on them. BUT it took the redness down immediately! Im so excited that I came across this product. I recommend finding someone in Australia or New Zealand to do a custom purchase for you and Im sure you would be hooked!!

Probably the most amazing ointment I have ever come across! I have no idea how many tubs/tubes of this stuff I have been through but I've been using it for years. I only use it for my lips really, have applied religiously every night before bed because otherwise I wake up with sore, cracked lips. A few times I've had people ask what lip gloss I'm wearing and said it looks really nice and all it was was this stuff! Sometimes I also use it on cuticles or any dry skin patches etc. I wouldn't really compare this to vaseline, it seems a bit thicker and doesn't have that smell that vaseline has. I always choose this over the two.

on 1/29/2007 5:54:00 PM

I bought this product in a big tub about 9 years ago and loved it then but i guess that i got suckered into other products since.
I recently tried it again (a friend had a tube) and was hooked! We can get it so cheap ($4.50 a tube) and i'm sure it will last for ages. I smear it onto my lips all day long and before i go to bed at night.

I dont know if it has anything to do with the papaya that helps exoliate or what but my lips are super smooth and silky when i use this. I also use it on really rough patches of skin. BRILLIANT!

If any US gals want a CP contact me and i'm sure we can work something out!

Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment has been my little miracle.

I've had it in my family for years and now that it comes in a super cute li'l tube I can carry it around anywhere and everywhere with me. Which I DO.

The Pawpaw ointment does everything it says and more, possibly the most useful beauty product I have ever encountered. Chapped lips? Soothed. Dry skin? Hydrated. Bites? Calmed and cleansed.

Dab it on any skin problem like rashes or burns and even pimples. I use it throughout the entire year but at winter I couldn't live without it.

As a model I find that it also helps to bring out colour in my cheeks and lips and create an all over smooth feeling to my face, hands and anywhere else! This is awesome especially for days when I have little time to do a full make up job.

This product has developed a 'cult' following at my school where nearly every 2nd girl has a tube in her uniform pocket. The majority use it for thier lips as it has proven to relive and moisten even the most severly scratched lips.

The crazy thing is that it is SO cheap. Just $4 for a tube which lasts you at least a year! Can you say bargain? This ointment WORKS. Always has. Buy some and you'll wonder how you ever managed without it. Of course you could play 10 times the price for something prettily packaged, but if you're looking for actual QUALITY then go for this. It's thick enough so it never leaks but ISN'T sticky. But a tube, buy a tub, but try it once and you won't regret it!

Popular Lip Treatments