Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This has become the only lip balm my lips will tolerate. I recently tried the Nivea Hydro Care and even the Nuxe Reve De Miel, and both of them had my lips peeling within a couple of days. I switch back to this and they're soft and smooth again in no time. It's witchcraft in a tube. And it now owns my ass so I will obviously be repurchasing for the rest of my life.

on 10/8/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best lip balm ive ever tried to date. Holy grail to my super dry slash chapped lips.

on 7/2/2017 2:22:00 AM

I use this as a deep-hydrating lip treatment before I go to bed. Also use it on any insect bites and skin rashes that form in one spot. After massaging copious amounts of this on itches, it usually stops itching almost immediately.

The only thing is that it's not readily available in my home country... so I bought 6 tubes when I went to NZ recently.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a tube of this on Amazon some time ago, and I've mainly used it as a cuticle treatment, but like Aquaphor, it has a plethora of uses. As a cuticle balm, it is very efficient. I don't really like cuticle oil, but I still like to put something on after I do my nails, so once my top coat has set, I slather this ointment on. I have dealt with terrible cuticles over the year due to drier skin on my hands which is compounded by dermotillomania focused largely on my cuticles. The more preventative steps I can take to protect them, including moisturizing, definitely helps on both counts. I have used this on chapped lips too, and it works well for that, though I didn't find getting it in my mouth too pleasant due to the texture. I am sure that once winter comes, i will find more uses for this product, but for now I am satisfied with the things I have used it for.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

hi,
im 100% sure that the ingredients stated are wrong.
where did the list of ingredients come from?

on 7/12/2017 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An organic alternative to Petroleum Jelly for sensitive minds. If you don't like Vaseline, don't use this product as the texture is almost identical.

on 12/29/2016 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Better than Vaseline or any lip balm I have ever tried. I have really horrible dry, chapped lips and ordinary lip balm/chapstick didn't cut it. I live in NZ and it seemed that everyone i know has this and I never understood why. But it wasn't until this year that this was recommended to me and dry lips no more, especially after exfoliating. A definite must-have for me and I will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this product as it was raved about on several sites like Into The Gloss. Hydrates and gives good results but Aquaphor does the same at a lower price point.

What concerns me is that the ointment contains Myroxylon perieire (MP), a relatively common allergen typically found in perfumes. It's also caused cheilitis and perioral dermatitis in a few people.

I'd recommend sticking to Aquaphor instead!

on 6/28/2017 7:47:00 PM

I admit that till today I'm extremely confused as to what I'm really supposed to be using this for. My cousin introduced it to me a couple of years ago. When I finally decided to get my hands on the smallest squeeze tube available, the first thing I tried was apply it to a small cut. After that, I tried it on my lips.

Seems quite like regular petroleum jelly or Vaseline to me, perhaps a little bit thicker and has a slight citrusy-scent (papaya, to be precise). Like how I use Vaseline, it does help soothe burns and cracked skin and if I had to choose between the two, they're both pretty much equal as I have no preference , and would use whichever is available at the time.

on 12/28/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have 3 big tubs of this. I like this because i can use it everywhere & anywhere. I like it because it moisturizers my lips and doesn't leave a white film on. I like this to moisturize my elbows and knees & feet. Also for my cuts, mosquito bites and rashes. It really works. Its sticky though but it will dry off quickly.