Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.5

Fermented Fresh PawPaw Fruit, Rhus Succedanea Wax, Glycerine, Petrolatum, Canola Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Corn Starch, Potassium Sorbate (0.1 mg/g - preservative

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this product as it was raved about on several sites like Into The Gloss. Hydrates and gives good results but Aquaphor does the same at a lower price point.

What concerns me is that the ointment contains Myroxylon perieire (MP), a relatively common allergen typically found in perfumes. It's also caused cheilitis and perioral dermatitis in a few people.

I'd recommend sticking to Aquaphor instead!

on 12/29/2016 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Better than Vaseline or any lip balm I have ever tried. I have really horrible dry, chapped lips and ordinary lip balm/chapstick didn't cut it. I live in NZ and it seemed that everyone i know has this and I never understood why. But it wasn't until this year that this was recommended to me and dry lips no more, especially after exfoliating. A definite must-have for me and I will repurchase.

on 12/28/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have 3 big tubs of this. I like this because i can use it everywhere & anywhere. I like it because it moisturizers my lips and doesn't leave a white film on. I like this to moisturize my elbows and knees & feet. Also for my cuts, mosquito bites and rashes. It really works. Its sticky though but it will dry off quickly.

I live in Australia and everyone always has this and grew up using this. I mainly use it on lips and cuticles but once my legs were extremely dry and my standard moisturiser wasn't doing anything so I put this over my legs before bed and in the mornings a result to amazing though very soft and smooth but I only recommend you do it when your skins really dry and not a regular thing. It is very thick which can be uncomfortable but I love it

on 11/29/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this! It's really effective as nightly lip treatment, my lipsticks apply beautifully because of using this nightly.

I've read that others say it's a "more expensive petroleum jelly" but I disagree. I think the Pawpaw makes a difference no matter how miniscule it is.

HG status! <3

on 11/27/2016 11:36:00 PM

This stuff is the beez kneez, the ducks nuts and the cats pajamas. I think I've gone through about 3 tubes of this in the last 2 months. I use it for EVERYTHING. Allow me to elaborate:

-cuts
-chaffing
-bites
-dry lips,
-cold sores
-before I fake tan
-as lube (sorry just being honest)
-on my cat when he gets sores
-burns
-under my eyes when I have bags (not too much though, that might break you out)
-before & after shaving
-on rashes

The tube is a great travel size & I feel like every lady should have some of this stuff with them at all times. It has so many great uses & truly cures everything :)

on 11/6/2016 12:10:00 PM

I have normal/dry lips. But in winter it gets quite dry, especially since I am working in an airconditioned environment.

I have tried a gazillion types of lip balm, you name it, petroleum jelly, vaseline, lip balms of various types but none has ever moisturized my lips properly or long enough.

During my time in Australia I noticed all the girls keep applying this to their lips. I understood later that it is a multipurpose ointment that can even treat burns and scars!

Bought it as it was very cheap and walla, it works perfectly to moisturize my lips. So honestly it is the best lip moisturizer I have ever tried. It not only moisturizes, but makes it look healthy and with no cracks, giving that natural moisturized look. If you wear it regularly I find that my lips look amazing.

If I get lazy and stop applying it, my lips will become super dry, and I need to apply it many times continuously for the first fifteen minutes or so , rubbing it gently and it will peel off the cracked layer (as you rub it continuously) and a beautiful fresh surface of lips will come up!

My brother also burnt his eyes on the stove once and I gave him this and it healed it pretty well.

Amazing product. fullstop.

on 8/7/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really great lip balm at a very affordable price and it's become one of those rare staple products for me that end up accumulating in multiple tubes in each of my purses. As someone with very dry lips, I've found that most lip balms are really just a temporary salve (pun absolutely intended), good at providing a bit of temporary lubrication but often leaving my lips more dried out in the long-term. Lucas Papaw is different - with sustained use, it actually improves the condition of your lips. So no only is it moisturising but it's also nourishing. Plus there's the fact that it's not a fussy product nor is it crazy expensive - not everything has to be luxe, you know? Especially not lip balm.

Aesthetically, this product is also a win. It has a really beautiful finish to it. I'm not a lip gloss person but this is the perfect non gloss gloss. It makes your lips look full, pouty and slightly swollen in a post-makeout session way. It's also a great pre-lipstick primer (just slick it on while you're doing your skincare routine and voila, perfectly moisturised lips ten minutes later).

One caveat - this can potentially clog up the pores around the mouth because it is a very thick, emollient balm. Personally, it's not a problem for me and I don't find it unpleasant or overly greasy in texture. But if your skin is easily congested around that area, be mindful about not rubbing your hands around your mouth and spreading it all over your chin and upper lip area.

Bottom line : what are you waiting for....go out and buy this product! It comes in a tub, a large squeeze tube and a smaller squeeze tube with a slanted horizontal applicator. The latter is my preferred version as the applicator is super convenient and eliminates the need to get your fingers greasy.

One last thing - be aware that the formula contains petroleum jelly as well as the fermented papaw fruit so it's not totally organic if that's something you really care about. Personally, I think it's worthwhile noting that petroleum jelly is unmatched as an occlusive (i.e it acts as a barrier, sealing in moisture and protecting your skin from the elements). If you have chapped lips, it's essential to use a balm which is occlusive and not just hydrating/emollient. Petroleum jelly works perfectly for that purpose so I have zero issues with its inclusion as an ingredient.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The original, and the best.

I have a pot of this in the car. A tube in my handbag. Another tube in my daughter's epi-pack. Another tube in each of the other vehicles we have.

I take pots and tubes with me when I visit overseas relatives as THEY love it as much as I.

It contains NO nut oils or other ingredients. Just 100% pure fermented PawPaw/Papaya (with a minimal amount of Potassium Sorbate as preservative). This makes it the ONLY pawpaw product on the market that is suitable for my child who is anaphylactic to nuts (in ANY trace amounts).

The product is more viscous than petroleum jelly, but not as viscous as grease. It's perfect on chapped lips, as it is almost clear (a slight deep yellow colour). It has a VERY light and inoffensive scent, which is naturally fruity.

It's also really great on cuts and scrapes (although it doesn't soak into the skin and wipes off unless covered with a dressing).

on 6/19/2016 1:06:00 AM

I've tried a whole lot of lipbalms because of my dry lips, and I must say, this takes the cake by far. I was a little worried because of the articles about it not being moisturising although somehow being able to relieve chapped lips, but I found it to be so hydrating and man, incredibly long lasting. I went to sleep with this and I could still feel it on my lips the next morning. This is good stuff.