Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment
image 1image 2image 3

4.5

Fermented Fresh PawPaw Fruit, Rhus Succedanea Wax, Glycerine, Petrolatum, Canola Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Corn Starch, Potassium Sorbate (0.1 mg/g - preservative

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The original, and the best.

I have a pot of this in the car. A tube in my handbag. Another tube in my daughter's epi-pack. Another tube in each of the other vehicles we have.

I take pots and tubes with me when I visit overseas relatives as THEY love it as much as I.

It contains NO nut oils or other ingredients. Just 100% pure fermented PawPaw/Papaya (with a minimal amount of Potassium Sorbate as preservative). This makes it the ONLY pawpaw product on the market that is suitable for my child who is anaphylactic to nuts (in ANY trace amounts).

The product is more viscous than petroleum jelly, but not as viscous as grease. It's perfect on chapped lips, as it is almost clear (a slight deep yellow colour). It has a VERY light and inoffensive scent, which is naturally fruity.

It's also really great on cuts and scrapes (although it doesn't soak into the skin and wipes off unless covered with a dressing).

on 6/19/2016 1:06:00 AM

I've tried a whole lot of lipbalms because of my dry lips, and I must say, this takes the cake by far. I was a little worried because of the articles about it not being moisturising although somehow being able to relieve chapped lips, but I found it to be so hydrating and man, incredibly long lasting. I went to sleep with this and I could still feel it on my lips the next morning. This is good stuff.

To Read all 322 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It's kinda national treasure of Australia.

I knew it from my Aussie friend when she used it as lip balm in the cold and dry winter in Beijing.

A few years ago since I moved to Australia, I noticed that every family has it for kids and for any problem with skin. It's the perfect treatment on blisters.

So cheap.

on 4/6/2016 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If you suffer from constant dry, cracked lips, then this is your saviour! When I was still studying in Australia for Uni, my lips suffered from the dry desert weather. I'm from a tropical, very humid country, so the sudden loss in humidity was good for my oily skin, but hell for my poor lips. My lips cracked, peeled and would even bleed. I tried Vaseline, Carmex, Burt's Bees, Blistex, Coconut Oil, but none of them worked and I would still wake up to lips like the Joker.

When I read in numerous interviews that Miranda Kerr, yes, the Australian bombshell and Victoria Secret Angel, swears by Lucas Papaw for her lips, I knew I was onto something good. After slathering a generous amount on my lips, I went to sleep and the next day, my lips were normal. No flakes, no cracks, just nice plump lips!

Since then, I've always stocked up my cabinets with at least 2 Lucas Papaws and I get friends and families who are travelling to Australia to bring me back some. ;)

on 4/4/2016 7:47:00 AM

This is the best lip ointment I've used, it's cheap, it lasts forever and is multi-purpose. So its honestly one of my favourite products. I have a large tub of it in my bathroom (I keep this mostly for medical purposes) but I have one of the small tubes in my handbag. I do prefer the tube with the direct applicator as I prefer lip balms where I don't need to use my fingers. On the rare occasion where I run out (or the more common occurrence where I lose it) I always repurchase, I've tried others but always end up back with this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have the most stupid chapped lips ever, this works! I know it's pretty much just Vaseline but...I've used regular Vaseline and this feels way more effective and doesn't just leave a dirty film there. Tastes pretty good too haha. It's a very verisatile product, Chapstick, brow tamer, hair tamer, burn healer etc. would highly recommend and it's cheap!

on 11/29/2015 5:26:00 PM

As much as I don't like using petroleum based product, I must admit this product is a MUST HAVE staple.

Be warned that this product is basically 99% vaseline. Which makes it basically an expensive, paw paw flavoured piece of petroleum jelly.

However, this product does what it's supposed to. It instantly soothes burns and cuts and chafing. It's a cheap lip balm (however, very artificial) and lasts ages.

Buy one to keep in your bag. You'll need it someday.

on 8/31/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

this is an australian staple. pretty much every australian person has a tube or a tub of this. i take it everywhere. not only is it an excellent lip balm, it's a soothing antibacterial ointment and is also great for its intended purpose - treating surface wounds and irritations. i've used it for:
- helping tattoos heal
- soothing and moisturising minor burns
- calming irritation around my nose from the constant nose-blowing that comes with colds

basically, it's a necessity in my life and i will always repurchase.

on 8/24/2015 11:35:00 PM

I had been using this for years... until my dermatologist told me that this is basically glorified Vaseline. I didn't want to believe it. He told me he had the contents of Lucas Paw Paw examined in a lab after a patient had a horrific allergic reaction... Lucas Paw Paw is basically petroleum (Vaseline), a small percentage of paw paw, and Balsam of Peru (as stated on the website), beeswax and other ingredients - I find it very misleading that they don't state the ingredients on the packaging, how deceiving.

Did you know that Balsam of Peru even in minute quantities... when used over an extensive period of time can trigger contact dermatitis? And eczema around the lips? Which may lead to perioral dermatitis which is very hard to treat once a secondary infection occurs? Which is highly likely as lips are exposed every day! Balsam of Peru is an irritant. I learnt that the hard way. Why did you think I ended up in the dermatologist's office in the first place?

A year ago, I would have given this 5 stars without a doubt. I would apply it on my mosquito bites, any minor rashes, patches of eczema on my hands, unknown scratches, even as a cuticle cream! Nowadays, I keep it far away from my face. I'll use it up by applying it to my feet and applying socks at night! It keeps them very soft and nourished.

I will not repurchase again, sadly. There were some seriously found memories with this product but sayonara.

The quintessential Aussie product - used and loved by all Australians this product is a must have. It works as a lipbalm, healing even the driest and most cracked of lips. It works on cuts, bug bites and rashes. It works as a hair-line protector when dying your hair. It is perfect for sensitive skin and leaves even the most chapped skin feeling soft. It can be slightly greasy and melt in the heat, however I would never be without a tube of this.

Popular Lip Treatments