Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by age: 25-29
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.3

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

on 9/17/2018 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm writing this review for the product in a 200g tub, and so I realize that my usual annoyance at products in tubs is 100% my own fault in this case, but I like having a lot of this stuff on hand!

I have a lot of issues finding lip balms/products/chapsticks that I like. Either I need to reapply them every ten minutes, or they just sort of make my hair stick to my mouth without doing much. This product has been a life saver! I can put a layer on along with the rest of my nightly skincare regime, and not need to reapply any kind of moisturizing lip product until the next night! It has a pleasant texture, a kind of browish/orange color that doesn't show when you're putting it on, and while it does leave a nice sheen, this is not a lip gloss. To mitigate my hatred of tub products, I usually apply this with a Q-tip. I've also applied it to my cuticles when they were looking worse for wear, little scabs/scars/burns (no open wounds, though, obviously), and on my elbows. It works just about everywhere!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is godsend!

When I bought it, I didn't have any expectations, but it turned out to be amazing. There is no scent, so at first I was thinking it would be no different than say your typical vaseline or whatever. Boy, I was wrong

This is the only lip product that saved my lips from disaster. I had a reaction to a certain lipstick and my lips looked very dry, patchy and ached like hell. This ointment solved my problems in two days. You can read more about al the different ways to use it here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) but all in all - I would definitely both repurchase and recommend it!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It's kinda national treasure of Australia.

I knew it from my Aussie friend when she used it as lip balm in the cold and dry winter in Beijing.

A few years ago since I moved to Australia, I noticed that every family has it for kids and for any problem with skin. It's the perfect treatment on blisters.

So cheap.

on 4/6/2016 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If you suffer from constant dry, cracked lips, then this is your saviour! When I was still studying in Australia for Uni, my lips suffered from the dry desert weather. I'm from a tropical, very humid country, so the sudden loss in humidity was good for my oily skin, but hell for my poor lips. My lips cracked, peeled and would even bleed. I tried Vaseline, Carmex, Burt's Bees, Blistex, Coconut Oil, but none of them worked and I would still wake up to lips like the Joker.

When I read in numerous interviews that Miranda Kerr, yes, the Australian bombshell and Victoria Secret Angel, swears by Lucas Papaw for her lips, I knew I was onto something good. After slathering a generous amount on my lips, I went to sleep and the next day, my lips were normal. No flakes, no cracks, just nice plump lips!

Since then, I've always stocked up my cabinets with at least 2 Lucas Papaws and I get friends and families who are travelling to Australia to bring me back some. ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have the most stupid chapped lips ever, this works! I know it's pretty much just Vaseline but...I've used regular Vaseline and this feels way more effective and doesn't just leave a dirty film there. Tastes pretty good too haha. It's a very verisatile product, Chapstick, brow tamer, hair tamer, burn healer etc. would highly recommend and it's cheap!

on 8/10/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Decent ointment, but nothing amazing. It bothers me how much they charge for this when it is pretty much petroleum jelly with a tiny bit of paw paw and if I go to my local health store they sell a variety of paw paw ointments that have a higher concentration of paw paw and still sell for cheaper. They usually have other beneficial ingredients too. Saying that, I think this would be a beneficial moisturiser for lips if you don't naturally have dry skin. Everyone can get chapped lips but if you are prone to dryness then constant lip balm is a must and in those cases petroleum just doesn't cut it. Did nothing for my lips. I need something that also helps to soothe and heal lips and judging from this ingredient list I'm not surprised that this product isn't sufficient for me. If you aren't as dry then an occlusive like this is going to work great. I have been trying to find other uses for this and am currently using it as a heel balm but it isn't something I would buy again for myself.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Let me tell you this is the best lip balm I have ever tried. I suffer from terrible dry lips it bleeds when I crack a smile. Do not waste your money on Nivea or other lip balm products. This ointment relieve my dry lips in less than 2 hours. It scentless, moisturise your lips, and definitely heal your chapped lips.

Yes that is correct. It is actually healing your chapped lips, not just put some moisture on top of it. That is why I love this lip balm very much. I can't live without it. I fully recommend this product to anyone who have chapped lips. Just put it regularly and your lips will heal.

I can't live without this ointment, literally! It cures everything, from chapped lips to eczema, from burns to cuts, from insect bites to open wounds. Papaw has such amazing healing property. Strongly recommend this product. Every Aussie uses this so what are you waiting for?

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a gift last Christmas. I initially thought it was a lip balm, so I didn't open it since I was still using another lip balm at the time. So one day, while on my way to work, I wanted to use hand cream but realized that I didn't bring any. I saw this ointment in the hand cream section of a nearby store and decided to give it a try. The one thing I love is the non-sticky and non-greasy texture. It absorbs very quickly, and I can go on for quite a while without re-applying (even after washing my hands). I read the ingredients and noticed it contains petroleum, but I'm not too worried about that since I only use a small amount each time. Overall, this is a multi-purpose ointment, and it's definitely worth purchasing.

on 1/29/2015 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I originally bought this product to use on dry lips (thank you Melbourne winters!). It works a treat - no complaints here! I rate it highly as a no-frills lip balm.

As good as it was as a treatment for dry, chapped lips, the reason why I'm writing this review is because it has worked miracles on a different part of my body.

A few months ago, I developed really dry, flaky, red and itchy skin on my wedding ring finger. I suspect this was because I was wearing my wedding rings every day and not drying the skin thoroughly enough after I washed my hands so water, soap and gunk was getting trapped under my jewelry.

My husband suggested I go see the pharmacist who would most likely recommend a topical steroid cream. The night before I was going to go, I saw the Papaw ointment sitting there and I thought "Why not", and I had previously seen lots of posts about the numerous ways people have used this ointment on myriad skin problems with great success. So i rubbed a little bit on to the affected area on my finger and went to sleep.

The next morning, the difference was significant. My skin was about 3 shades lighter - no longer angry red but just a light pink. The flakiness had nearly disappeared. It did not itch at all. For the next couple of days, I had a break from wearing my wedding rings and applied the Papaw ointment after each time I washed and dried my hands and each night before bed. After three or four days of consistent application, I'd say the skin has completely recovered.

I will keep applying it to my finger for a little while longer just to maintain the results. So I'd highly recommend this product as a lip balm and as a soothing treatment for dry, flaky, itchy patches of skin!!

Popular Lip Treatments