3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Ok, so I actually really like this pink shade. It's similar to my much loved Revlon Pink in the Afternoon (can't find it anywhere!) which is a good mlbb for me. It doesn't come of shimmery or frosty at all on me... that sad crown goes to the CG shade Rose Quartz which promptly went in the trash. I'm about nc20 neutral-warm. I have pale not very pigmented lips so I go for pinks that can give a little life back to my dull lips. It feels soft and creamy, not al all irritating or drying and last pretty long until I eat/drink something.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

1.0

10 years ago

Why on earth do they call this smokey. It's not smokey at all. On me this is a light frosted pink. Yuk. I can get away with it if I have to but there are other shades that suit me better, so off to a friend it goes. Then again as it was given to me in the first place, I might have trouble giving it away.

About reviewer (816 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

10 years ago

IMO this color is so dull, drab and light it doesn't resemble anything close to rose. While they call this a smokey rose i call it a muted version of some werid form of pink. It might look nice on somebody with very light lips but it didn't do anything but make me look dead. I can't give it away so i doubt i'm not the only one who doesn't think much of this shade.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

11 years ago

CG lippies generally aren't my fave, but a few of the Continuous Color shades suit me very well, and this is one of them. Since I'm a very warm-toned redhead, I usually stick with coral pinks or golden pinks-- bluish pinks make me look dead. But somehow Smokey Rose allows me to go there; a very pretty, soft violet-pink with enough brightness to work with my complexion. There are very few shades like this I can wear; if they are too pale or too blue they are the kiss of death; but I love this color and it looks good on me, especially for a soft "springtime" look.

About reviewer (116 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

3.0

14 years ago

This color is a medium pink with a blue undertone so it looks a little bit purplish when you put it on. It looks almost like my lip color except it's purply pink. I am a MMM (NC30) and it looks okay with my skintone. It doesn't completely clash but I think this would look better on someone lighter than I. I bought this because I really wanted Stila's rose lipstick (don't remember its name but this didn't turn out to be a drugstore lookalike). Although this wasn't bad, I don't think I will repurchase this because it feels kind of cheap meaning it bleeds a bit.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

14 years ago

i liked this shade. i bought it because i thought 'smokey' would mean subtle, muted, sheer rose. its brighter than i expected, but it flatters me i think, and goes on nice and smooth. only thing is, be careful not to apply too much (it can easily be done) because you end up looking like you had an allergic reaction.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

15 years ago

I like this new, cobalt blue case with the stay on better cap, it is a much better design than the former easy to fall off in your purse and met it up black case. This color is sort of a slightly beigy light to med. pink shade, very pretty and good feeling on the lips. Not my fave shade in this line, that honor goes to Rose Quartz. Smokey Rose is a bit of a strange name, not sure where the "smokey" comes from, but it is pretty and very nice for day. Would probably buy again.

About reviewer (1543 reviews)

Age36-43