3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

PROS: 1) Non-greasy. 2) Light texture that is more lotion-like. 3) Can be worn at night as a non-heavy night moisturizer. 4) Has a nice, high-end spa scents. 5) The ingredients sound good. CONS: 1) Has a slightly sticky feel that doesn't go away. 2) Feels like it just sits on the surface of the skin instead of absorbing. 3) Doesn't make my skin any worse, but doesn't make it any better either. BOTTOM LINE: I'll use up this jar, but will look for something else when I'm done.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

7 years ago

It's better than nothing. It's not greasy under my makeup so that's good. It's not as hydrating as I would like so that's bad. Jars are belch so that's bad. I'll use it till it's gone and find something better.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

1.0

7 years ago

This used to be my absolute favorite moisturizer for years...I would buy several at a time b/c I loved it so much. HOWEVER, I can no longer use the product as it makes me breakout because they DRASTICALLLY CHANGED THE INGREDIENTS in this product. The new product does not absorb the same either. It is not the same moisturizer it used to be. After noticing the difference in the way it felt on my skin, I took the old box & the new box and soooooooo many ingredients have been removed & replaced with other inferior ingredients. So drastic that I cannot understand why they are calling it by the same name. I am going to give Desert Essence Daily Moisturizer a try since the ingredients seem similar to the old formulation of Alba.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I like Alba Botantica Sea Renewal Cream as a night cream, and so I did not hesitate to try this as a winter day-time moisturizer. Well, it's just "meh".... nothing special. It does have beneficial ingredients. However, the minuses outweigh the pluses for me. First it has a strange, elmers glue-type consistency that honestly, kind of creeps me out. Further, I don't really like the way it feels on my skin. Lastly, it has a strange smell and it seems to go "rancid" quick, as evidenced by the worsening of the scent over a very short period of time. It didn't break me out (a plus), but with so many other options that don't break me out and don't have the above "minuses", why bother with this? Next...

About reviewer (491 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

from

8 years ago

Love love this cream. I use it as a day cream in winters and as a night cream for hot humid nights. It is so light and a treat to use. Absorbs in the skin right away giving it a soft radiance or glow. It smells good too! But it may not work in Winters when the weather gets too dry, unless you have oily skin. This cream has been by staple for quite a few years and my skin does looks good. No issues at all. It won't clog pores as well.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3.0

8 years ago

PROS: Is supposed to stimulate cell regeneration to help correct uneven tone and it has helped with that. Light and subtle fragrance that reminds me of the beach (but not in a yucky sunblock smell way.) It sort of smells like the ocean in a good way. (Sorry I'm not good at describing scents. ;-) No cones, yay (so no clogging of pores)! Feels light and smooth going on and soaks right in. Doesn't bother my rosacea/sensitive skin near as much as most lightening/evening products do. Natural ingredients. CONS: Those who want more moisture can use the night cream instead. Some won't like this comes in a jar (I just make sure my hands are clean before applying.) *****EDIT: Ended up bothering my rosacea too much.***** ALTERNATES: I personally love Replenix Antioxidant Moisturizer SPF 50 (in silver tube) for great moisture and spf protection that doesn't bother my sensitive skin.

About reviewer (944 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

This moisturizer is so underwhelming. I live in a dry climate and use low % benzoyl peroxide at night for moderate acne, so I need to layer something really emollient on top so I don't wake up with flakes. This just wasn't enough. It sinks in too quickly, doesn't have good slip, is almost sort of chalky, and just isn't all that moisturizing. Combo skin girls will probably enjoy this, but for my dry sensitive skin it was no good.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

9 years ago

Very moisturizing but it broke me out :(

About reviewer (414 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

9 years ago

I've been using this product for a little over 1/2 a year and I love it. I have combination skin that tends to be more oily than not, so I needed a light face moisturizer. Additionally, ever since I transitioned from an alcohol toner to an alcohol free toner, I don't need to overcompensate as much with the face moisturizer. This moisturizer is very light and doesn't seem to aggravate my skin by causing it to break out. I like the smell as it's very light, slightly sweet, and reminds me of a fresh flower (is the best analogy I can think of). However, I dislike the container as it's just a jar, whereas I would have preferred a squeeze bottle. It's about $15 dollars for a 2 oz jar which I find average to a little expensive, but still worth it. It takes me a few months to use a 2 oz jar which isn't bad at all.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

9 years ago

Well, like most products that start out so great, this lotion ended up pooping out on me. I actually think it has a nice, light scent and it dissipates very quickly, BUT after about a month of hope and happiness it broke me out and my skin started flaking. So the search continues!

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral