Jason Natural Cosmetics Aloe Vera Deodorant Roll-on

4.2

Not tested on animals

on 10/11/2016 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm surprised to see all those positive reviews - I decided to re-activate my account just so I can write a review for this ultimate waste of money!

I've been a user of natural deodorants for quite some time. After some hit and miss, I found my HG in the form of unscented roll-on by Miessence. I can't get it from a stationary shop where I live, so I order online. I thought I'll try something new and easily available. After reading the ingredients list (and not reading any reviews), I purchased Jason's aloe vera roll-on and was quite excited to use it - I avoid any aluminium in deodorants. The list is slightly more complicated than Miessence's 4 (four) ingredients, but I thought "Hey, those essential oils can't hurt, amirite?"

BOY OH BOY. This stuff stinks. It's not a flowery scent, it's not perfume-ish, it just stinks like something out of the 70s that should've stayed where it crawled out of. I got over the stink, because you know, keeping the bigger picture in mind etc. It took ages to dry and left visible residue on my clothes - on the outside, so fairly visible. Try giving a presentation and talk with keeping your arms down - it really forces you to become very creative, very fast. It made me stink viciously of BO within a few hours of just normal office activities, so drinking eater and coffee and trips to the bathroom, nothing exciting. BO galore, guys; I didn't even think I can smell like this. Seriously. Again, arms down, this time even closer to my body. I tried it at the weekend for a slow walk, putting a loose jumper on. This Satan's spit actually ran down my body with the sweat. I have never experienced anything like this. I'm traumatised. I want my money back!!!
I'm back to Miessence after giving Jason's deo a go for two weeks. I had to borrow my bf's regular antiperspirant just so I can cope at work and not practice stealth mode with washing my 'pits at work.
I suppose the only bonus is the size of the packaging, and the fact it doesn't contain any aluminum.

on 1/10/2011 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been repeat-buying this for years and love it.

It is super-gentle and creamy (no sting immediately after shaving and no irritation to my very sensitive skin), it has a lovely very light, clean scent (a bit like baby soap) and it really does work as a deodrant. While not blocking perspiration I do feel it reduces it.

BUAV approved and nasties-free too... excellent product.

*UPDATE* March 2011 - Does anyone know, have they changed the formulation? Scent seems to have changed to horrid cucumbery smell, Boo.

on 4/17/2008 12:21:00 PM

A light, aluminum-free alternative! Jason's Aloe deodorant is not sticky and leaves no overwhelming scent. It does its job and lets you forget you're wearing it - perfect!

This review is for the stick- not the roll on, which I have not tried yet. However, I love this deodorant! I've tried them all it seems and this (even though it doesn't have anti-perspirant) is THE ONE for me. I had read good reviews for Jason's deo's and the Aloe Vera and the Tea Tree were the two I really wanted to try. I went to the Vitamin Shoppe looking for the Tea Tree type and in my excitment, I accidentally grabbed an Aloe Vera. I was so disappointed when I got home, but decided to keep & try anyway. I have bought the Tea Tree since then, and I have to honestly say that I love the Aloe Vera BETTER!! The Tea Tree is good, but I don't feel it lasts thru the night like the Aloe Vera does on me. When I get my pj's on before bed, I always do that "sniff test" and I'm tellin' ya, the Aloe Vera passes every time and I have never had a deo pass before like this one. Oh, and BTW, go to www.vitacost.com- they have the best prices hands down, a flat S&H fee, and reviews on all of their products. They're awesome! Thanks for reading.

Even though I rely on my Dove AP during the week, I can use this when I am just hanging around at home on the weekend, and it does a pretty okay job. I've tried so many non-AP deodorants just to try and take a break from the bad stuff every now and then. This is the only one that was a keeper. It feels okay right after shaving, too.

Somewhere along the line I decided that all those years of using Secret Platinum with aluminum and who knows what other chemicals cannot be good for me. So I ventured into the world of health store "natural" deodorants. Jason was one of several that I tried and so far this is my favorite. The Aloe Vera Roll On especially works because it smells so great and it's mostly all organic based with as natural ingredients as you can get (let's be serious, if it's on your shelf it has something in it to preserve it meaning it's not just "natural"). But there's no aluminum chlorohydrate, no alcohol, no propylene glycol and a ton of other good stuff. It keeps odour away all day long and I even find that I don't perspire as much I thought I did. You do have to let it air dry for at least 5 minutes before getting dressed as it can appear white on contact with skin, but when that dries it goes away. Very great product.

Popular Deodorants