76%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 days ago

This product is so underated, no one talks about it and rarely reviewed on youtube or other social media, except for on Boots website itself. I prefer to use a curl cream rather than gel. I can air dry my hair much faster with this. I've used a couple of curl creams before, drugstore to high end. Only a few that are really suitable for low porosity fine curly hair like mine. I thought I like Cantu curl activator until I try Boots curl cream. It gives my hair definition and so much volume. Devacurl wavemaker didnt even come close to how good this is, even though the product doesnt even promise on adding volume. The hold is very soft and needs to be paired with gel for a stronger hold.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

7 years ago

So far I love this product on my medium/longish, fine, layered and wavy hair. It feels like leave in conditioner with slight hold. Like other reviewers have said, do not use is straight from the pot - rub it between palms first till it turns white, and optionally mix it with a little water. I don't use it the way it says on the package - "work through evenly from root to tip". That would give me greasy, sticky hair! Rather, I use a pea sized amount and scrunch it into my ends and smooth a little over my length after rubbing it between my palms and mixing with a little water. The only drawback is the scent. Smells very synthetic, like cheap dishwashing liquid. However, it doesn't linger in my hair. I would have given this products 4.5 lippies if possible. Only the scent is keeping this product from 5. Ingredients: Aqua, Cetyl alcohol, Stearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium chloride, PVP/VA copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquaternium-10, Parfum, Benzophenone-3, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide, Linalool, Butylphenyl methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Sodium acetate, Sodium chloride, Citronellol, Isopropyl alcohol, Cl 14700

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

It is legit. I have fine, thin, 2a hair. I used this in tandem with Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz because I read reviews saying it should be used with something that has a little more hold. My waves and curls are defined, soft, not crunchy at all. I love it! I will use it alone in a test later, to see what it can do on its own.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

3.0

8 years ago

I'm really annoyed with this product. First off, you can't buy it in the US, so I shelled out for overseas shipping and bought it through a UK website. Even then, it wasn't too expensive but I did get my hopes up that this would be an awesome product. By itself, it just gives my wavy/curly hair a mass of frizz and good definition. With leave-in conditioner, it still leaves a lot of frizz and provides less definition. With a leave-in conditioner and Suave curling mousse, it looks amazing but as a result, I have a head full of product that STILL doesn't give me very good second day hair! I won't be throwing this out to be sure because it's not horrible, but I do wish I could get more out of the product itself since part of the reason I bought this was to try to simplify my daily hair routine.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I truly love this product! I am a 3b/c, with medium-coarse hair. All my life I struggled to tame it, straighten it, do anything to make it presentable. I finally discovered naturallycurly.com, a true God-send, and started a no-poo routine that has literally changed my life. Anyway, this was a raved about product on that forum, so I tried it. It doesn't give me any hold, which is fine because I have spiral curls that hold themselves in most weather. It does provide so much moisture though, which is why I cannot live without it in the winter. This is perfect over my leave-in conditioner (Herbal Essences Hello Hydration). This can, however, make my hair so soft in the summer that my curls are easily "fuzzed." But since I know not to use it then, 5 lippies it is!

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

from

10 years ago

I love love love love this product. This is the only product that gives me clumpy spiral curls. I used with a leave-in conditionr, then various silicone free gels on top. It definitely reduces frizz. Works better than Tigi Curl Amplifer. Always use a tiny tiny amount, and emulsify in hands until its thick and white. Otherwise it makes your hair heavy and greasy.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

10 years ago

The miracle product for styling curls and a totally cult status ! Known as Boots Pink The only thing is that it doesn't even come with directions, and if you are going to use it straight from the pot to the hair you will not like it. You need to do the following: - take half tea spoon or less in your hand - mix with a bit of water - You will see the product spread and grow - ready to use all over the hair I usually use it after I have scrunched my hair with a microfibre towel or T-Shirt and got read of the water. then I apply this mixture all over and then lots and lots of gel (silicone free) and Co Wash friendy. Scrunch and apply microfibre towel from 30 mins or as long as I can. ♥ works every time ;)

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

13 years ago

On my second tub now - this stuff is great! Dirt cheap and does its job. I use this on wet hair and just twirl my hair around my fingers; this is enough to give me bouncy curls. Not bad at all.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry

HairBlack

EyesBlack

1.0

13 years ago

I bought this when I was stocking up on Frizz Ease Secret Agent cream, because I use Boots curling spray, which is really good and doesn't leave me with 'crunchy' hair (mmm, nice!). It was dirt cheap, but I won't be buying it again. I really like the smell, but it does nothing for my hair: the underneath stays soft and wavy, but somehow it just leaves the top layers wet-looking, sticky and unnatural looking. I have tried it with my hair wet, dry and damp (I REALLY wanted to like it - so...very...CHEAP!) but no joy. I'll use it up on weekends and stuff, but I think I'll stick to my lovely Secret Agent cream once it's gone.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

13 years ago

If Im lucky everytime I go home I get to stopover in london and pick this stuff up since you really cant get it elsewhere--- I have 3a/b hair and I have tried TONS of products and this is the BEST leave-in, i use probably two quarter size amounts for my entire long hair and it keeps it soft and moisturized!!! I layer a light gel over it, since this provides only moisture NO hold (just so everyone knows) but this stuff enhances curls, keeps em soft--- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff and is definetely hg material <3

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm