Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch

Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch
High Precision RetouchHigh Precision RetouchHigh Precision RetouchHigh Precision RetouchHigh Precision Retouch

4.3

AQUA/WATER,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE,GLYCERIN,PROPYLENE GLYCOL,ALUMINA,OZOKERITE,TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL,MAGNESIUM SULFATE,SILICA,ACRYLATES COPOLYMER,DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE,DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE,METHYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN,ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE.[+/- CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE,CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES,MICA]

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Worth the money, but I only use it for special occasions because it is very expensive.

WHEN IT'S WORTH THE MONEY: Occasions when you need perfect, spot-on, very targetted concealing eg member of a bridal party, or other situations when the spotlight is on you (not all of us like it, but this helps you cope) eg job interview, important meeting, (and I HATE THIS, but it is true) whenever you might be judged on your appearance, or someone is making a speed dial type of decision and you may need to look younger than you really are..

Then you need the applicator (the best I have ever found) to erase lines, hide scars, conceal acne pits, redness etc. with a foundation with good holding power, no flecks, no shine.

Good luck to you if you ever find yourself in the situations above...this concealer will give you the extra edge to feel confident and immaculate.

PS Still a beautiful product, but WARNING: Leaks in depressurized aircraft...pack in plastic bag!

on 1/18/2011 4:09:00 PM

I am so glad I did my research on MUA and youtube and found out about the Giorgio Armani high precision concealer. One reviewer descibed this as her HG concealer and brought up a very good point about how the skin under our eyes is very thin compared to the rest of our face so it wouldn't make sense to cake on a thick product and expect that concealer to look natural all day so we are better off using a product in liquid form rather than a creamy concealer.
After testing the product at the Giorgio Armani counter I was amazed how thinly the liquid product applied to my skin and yet it was highly pigmented and covered up my dark circles so well and also brighten the undereye area. This product is much more expensive than other concealers I have purchased in the past such as Benefit erase paste and Bobbi Brown creamy concealer however, in my opinion it is worth it and a little goes a long way. I would most defintely repurchase this product.
For reference, I am NC20-25 in MAC, Medium in Benefit Erase Paste and Sand in Bobbil Brown creamy concealer and was color matched #3 in Giorgio Armani Precision concealer

on 9/17/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm so sold on this! I've been a die hard Cle de Peau concealer fan ever since I first tried it a few years ago but this really outshines the CdP, especially for dark circles. Seriously, my under eye area looks flawless and even on my best day I've never said that. It just blows my mind. My dark circles aren't extreme but because I'm so pale they really stand out and it's enough to bother me. I have pretty bad allergies and chronic insomnia... so these circles aren't going anywhere. The CdP does a good job but the thicker, creamy texture just doesn't compare to the beautifully thin, silky consistency of this one. It blends in like a dream and it only takes me a few seconds to tap it into place. I worked a lot more at warming up and blending the CdP and now I've shaved off so much time. Awhile ago I had tested this on my hand and couldn't figure out why everyone loved it so much. I think the color range looked odd to me and so I just forgot about it. But I received a sample after my last GA purchase and I was floored at how amazing it was and I ended up buying it the next day.

No. 1 works perfectly on me and matches my skin tone well. For reference I'm Ivory in CdP concealer, No. 2 in Armani LSF, Porcelain in Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, 200 in MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation. I love the hint of shimmer or light reflecting particles. Whatever you want to call it-- it's gorgeous, subtle, and brightening. I'm leery of shimmer for under eye concealers but this is very refined and doesn't look like "shimmer" in the traditional sense of the word. The thin texture reminds me of foundation but it does conceal well and it stays put more so than a thin foundation. It has a nice silicone type of slip to it that's easy to work with but that doesn't disappear by the end of the day. I wouldn't call this a heavy duty concealer but for under eye circles I think it's amazing. For me it's better than the CdP, better than YSL Touche Eclat, better than LM Secret Camouflage. I don't have blemishes or spots so I can't attest to its powers for concealing anything like that.

I dab a little to the back of my hand and then use either my fingers or a concealer brush to apply it rather than using the tiny brush directly on my face. It melts into my skin in a few seconds and feels comfortable. A tiny bit goes a really long way, especially given how thin this is, so don't be put off by the small tube. Packaging is a sleek tube with a transparent strip down the center so you can see the amount of product inside. No discernible scent and no irritation on my sensitive skin and eye area.

It's nice not to feel self-concious about my dark circles anymore. I can't recommend this enough! It's an absolute love for me.

on 10/20/2012 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This concealer has completely blown me away. Even at 46 yrs of age I am a less is more kind of girl. While there is some darkness and fine lines under eye, I do not believe in lengthy concealer procedures.Excessive use of Concealer brushes, even fingers under the thinnest skin on one's face just doesn't seem like a great idea. I will never mess around with layers of color-correcter things, then foundation, then concealer. That seems like overkill, IMO.

That said, pretty much the only thing I have used in the last 10 yrs has been YSL Eclat. Still a very good brightener, illuminator. I will probably keep that in my arsenal as well. But the extra darkness I notice of late has bothered me so I went hunting and testing.

But this here little tube is a GODSEND for literally removing the dark. I don't use the applicater- I gently tap with ring finger only from inner corner to about a third of the way out. No settling in fine lines. They got this just right! The perfect balance of moisture and coverage for a very tricky area. I am Nc 42-44 and am loving this in 3.5. Makes for a seamless non-made up look with my favorite foundations and for real natural days works well with just foundation primer. This is definitely worth checking out!

on 11/10/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've used this for a few months and find that I don't reach for my other concealers anymore--nay, not even my CdP--because this suits all my concealing needs. I love the applicator--that skinny brush allows precise application, and you can wipe off the excess product on the rim of the component as you withdraw the wand. I'm a MAC C3, Stila C, Px Traceless Level 3, and 3.5 is a perfect match for both my undereyes and face. I love the opacity of this, the liquid yet creamy texture, and the ease with which it applies. I also find that it doesn't crease or emphasize the lines around my eyes, doesn't travel, and still looks quite fresh at the end of the day. This product almost covers the couple of spots of melasma I have, and that's saying something--nothing else has come as close or looked as natural on the skin. Since I can use this sparingly, it will last a long time. I thought I was crazy when I bought this because I was sure that CdP was my grail concealer, but I was wrong. This concealer doesn't require the tricky balance of moisturization that CdP does, it's easier to blend (especially around the eyes), it's difficult to overapply, and it looks more natural on the skin (no caking). I think I'll be repurchasing this many times.

Amazing concealer. I went to the Armani counter at my Neiman's only intending to buy the Master Corrector for my dark circles (which I also LOVE as well) and the SA helping me tried the concealer on me over the corrector. First off, I have a hard time finding shades that suit my skintone when it comes to foundation and concealer. I am pale and yellow toned, shade 02 works great for me. I went straight to this from heavier creamy concealers like tarte's dark circle defense, laura mercier secret concealer and benefit boing. Not only were those concealers dry, heavy and cakey, they barely matched me. Horrifying.

My God, the difference! This, when used with the corrector and a bit of LM secret brightening powder to set: Total perfection. I can't get over how natural it looks! I don't look dry and cakey, I don't look overly made up, I just look like me, how I'm supposed to look, rather than a tired mess <3

I apply the corrector in shade 2 over my dark circles first, blending it in and letting it sit for a second. I then use the nose to cheek triangle method to apply to HPR concealer. Yes, I use a little more this way but I have another concealer that I use on a regular basis as well, and a second tube of this. The effect is outstanding. I look beautiful. I look like ME! Thank you, Armani! Aside from the fact that you put alcohol in your newest foundation, I love you and will continue to buy this concealer for as long as you make it. But mark my words, discontinuing this will absolutely ruin my life!

My only, ONLY complaints are: price and the fact that the tube is NOT transparent like it is with the corrector. I can't see how much I have left. Bummer there.

on 11/13/2012 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I just got this product so I'm still road testing it, therefore this review is tentative.
I applied the GA Skin high precision this morning and I liked the smooth finish it gave me. (I have to be careful of concealers that don't blend properly or settle into the lines after application) I apply a bit of product on the back of my hand and then tap it under my eyes. It's easy to layer for more coverage.
Now after nearly 12 hours, it still looks great without fading or creasing. (a good undereye cream helps; I use BB Extra repair eye cream)
I'm hoping it will continue to work for me. My only gripe is the price tag and the small amount of product you get.
For reference, I'm a NC30/C3, Asian with light to medium skin tones and the #4 is the shade I use. The SA tried the 3.5 and it looked good too but the #4 looked more natural.
EDIT: I've been using this product for about a month now and I'm sold! This concealer is heavenly to apply and blends so well. Plus, no caking or creasing after a long day. (as mentioned previously, a good eye cream is essential as a base before applying any concealer)
There is a wee bit of shimmer but I don't mind and in fact, I rather like the effect. It gives me a nice youthful glow.
Now having raved about this product, if I find something that works just as well for less money, I'll get it. I still think the price tag is exorbitant.

on 10/4/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

oh here I go again.. I bought two on the spot.

The texture of this product is creamy, smooth, glides on and covers beautifully. I fell in love at first swatch.

I know the price is high -- but I have paid more for Cle de Peau which is drying on me. I love the texture and density and it kicks YSL's Touche Eclat's butt.

This is an expensive product, but for me undereye concealment is hugely important as any darkness makes me look old and sick. This is moist and the colors are perfect matchups.

I will alternate this with my Bobbi Brown eye brightener as I feel they are both equally perfect... the Bobbi brown may give a bit more luminosity, but the GA gives great coverage and is for me more portable when I travel.

Love this product and will keep hoarding!

on 3/23/2007 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I totally agree with (almost all) the previous reviewers, this dispenser is better than Dior Luminizer or YSL Touche Eclat....same great idea - using one product to conceal and highlight, but this one's mechanism is better (no click and turn) and easier to use. I got this in two colors so I can mix them depending on how tan I am. TIP I just got from a makeup artist: For spots or eye corners, blend any concealer or highlighter using a lip brush. It's easier to manage than a large concealer brush so doesn't end up blending the product off the small area you're trying to cover.

I'm a guy, and this concealer is the ONLY one I know that looks like skin and removes dark circles at the same time. So far no one has been able to tell I have makeup on, and the product is VERY effective in removing my undereye circles. It leaves my eyes look bright and beautifull. I'm very happy with this product! I love it! THANKS MUA