Freeman Totally Juicy Grapefruit Peel-Off Mask

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I would like to review group of mask I feel have to have to maintain glowing skin. This is peel off the mask. Now in an end of summer when skin accumulated sunburns during summer and unevenness of color . Soon the sun will be not so harmful. It is time to exfoliate to remove all dead skin. Improve color and texture. Sometime during this process skin became dry and flaky. It flakiness also happened in winter with dry skin. And It time for peel off mask to apply on skin.
Freeman makes few peel off mask while years ago was only cucumber mask available. They all do same – remove flakes of dead skin.
This product comes in easy to use a plastic tube in generous size as all Freeman masks. Price is amazing around 4$ will not break the bank. Mask easy to store open and close and squeeze from the tube. Mask should be applied on clean dry skin medium layer. Hair should be not touched. Hair should be tied back. Eyes, eyebrows, and lips should be avoided. Wait as a mask will dry into see thru flexible film glued to the skin. Not mixed up with new now widely available rubberizing masks which seem to be similar but they are completely different purpose and qualities.
After mask dried out it should carefully peeled off from a face with all flakes and dead skin.
In my opinion, this mask is must have for any skin type.

on 8/25/2010 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great multipurpose masque however not reccomended for those with sensetive skin. This masque has many uses but none greater than to boost product absorbtion.

Once a week before bed time i'll mix a pea size ammount of my exfoliant (Avon Clinical) into my cream cleanser (Avon Reversalist) and massage over my face for about two minutes. Then after washing it off, ill apply this peel-off masque. After all the dead skin cells are gone, my face is ready for maximum product absorbtion. Occasionally i'll whip out my derma-roller (0.5mm)... I am a very DIY beauty junky.

If you want a lighter spa-like experience from this masque, I would reccomend mixing a little bit of lotion into this product before applying.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I believe this product has been discontinued because I don't see it anymore along with other Freeman products. Back in HS I loved the Totally Juicy line. This particular mask was no exception. The feeling was fun, left my face smooth and glowing, and does not hurt--at all.

on 2/6/2009 12:13:00 AM

OMFG!!! That's all that comes to mind. I honestly felt as if I was peeling my face off! And I have a high pain tolerance! Beware!

Wow I use to love this stuff, wish I could find it again! Was oddly fun to peel off and help exfoliate and smooth my skin in my late teens and early 20s.

on 3/5/2008 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My eyes are watering just THINKING about this mask! I bought this a few years back and pull it out to use every once in a while as the memory of the pain is fading (haha...). I guess it works, as the idea of it is a good one-- in theory it will physically latch onto and pull out any gunk that is lurking in your pores. In practice, however, it latches onto anything on your face: baby hair, eyebrows, SKIN; and yanks on that, too, as you are removing it. I don't have sensitive skin, but this was just too high of an ouch-factor for marginal results.

The pain isn't too bad on cheeks and forehead, so maybe it would work best as a spot-treatment of sorts, since those are where the problem pores are usually located.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't have sensitive skin, but I have to admit I teared up too when I pulled this off! I am not complaining though, because this made my face smooth and soft and in addition to clarifying my skin, it pulled alot of the fine hair on my cheeks and chin. Like another person said, I too expected it to hurt a little because that's the only way it can pull out all the debris from my pores. It all came off in just a few large sections. A small bit got in my hair and that came out with a splash of warm water. I would recommend this to anyone, it doesn't burn and you do have the option to rinse it off with warm water (although I would guess you don't get the full benefit of the peel).

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Y'all are whimps! Those of you who say it's painful need to suck it up! This is not painful it is doing it's job. Pulling out/off impurities that are on the skin. I didn't even feel discomfort. In fact it felt amazing and my skin was baby soft afterwards... Refreshingly great product/great price and great results. What more do you want?

on 6/23/2006 4:20:00 PM

I don't mind lip plumpers, the burn is kind of refreshing. I don't even particularly mind getting shots, taking off bandaids or plucking eyebrow hairs.
This, on the other hand, was AWFUL!
Particularly about the cheeks, this was extremely difficult and painful to remove. I think I was actually whimpering.
Never again. Into the trash!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can actually say, this mask was PAINFUL. Bits and peices would stick to my face and it hurt like pulling off a bandaid what I could peel off. Plus, the product leaked all over my vanity so that was what did it for me...into the trash it went.