Urban Decay Asphyxia

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This eyeshadow is gorgeous and versatile for creating all different looks. It is a one-of-a-kind lavender with duochrome blue undertones. I wish it was a bit more pigmented though, because the color is amazing. I haven't found anything quite like it. If you have the Asphyxia lip gunk, the eyeshadow with the matching gloss looks stunning together!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Got to love the color and texture of this shadow! This is one of my faves. It shows up really well on my skin tone and blends with other colors so easy. I love most of UD shadows but this is one of the best shades for my tone. I do not need to pack it on to get the color like some have said. I use this as a base and to add to lighter bases too. So many uses for this lovely light lavender/blueish color.

To Read all 164 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This shadow is gorgeous. It is a light purple with a strong blue tint/duochrome.

I love using it as a light lid wash. It is not as pigmented or shimmery as UD's shadows normally are. In fact, I had to pack it on in several layers to get the color to show, and there is no glitter.

Asphyxia is a soft lavender eyeshadow with a slight blue duochrome. I didn't notice the blue at first, but if you hold up the shadow and tilt it back and forth, you can definitely see the light blue coming out. The color is gorgeous! It's a cooler shade, and it's more of a sheen than an intense shadow. I usually apply 2 layers of this to get the best color. The shadow itself is nice and smooth with no glitter, so those of you who shy away from Urban Decay because of their glitterbomb shadows can safely try this one out. I've been wearing this shadow for 12 hours now, and even after walking to and from campus 3 times today in 30+ mph winds, this hasn't faded or creased.
I wear this most often either alone as a lid color, or as a lid color with dark purple, grey, black, or blue liner. I don't like adding too many other shadows to my eyes when I wear this because it takes away from the duochrome effect. If I'm looking a little pale, this shade can wash me out slightly since it is such a soft purple. But 90% of the time, this is a very pretty shadow that I would highly recommend.

I got this in a swap and had to say I am kind of disappointed. Maybe it's my skin tone (NC 30), but the pigmentation isn't the best for UD. It's a bit too sheer against my skin. Also it's a pretty cold-toned color, so it doesn't look the best on me (I can usually pull cold-toned purple eyeshadows off, but not this one). Won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The packaging, for $17 a pop, felt a little thin and flimsy to me, like if I dropped it (heaven forbid) the whole thing would just smash and there'd be no saving the eyeshadow. However, the color surprised me in a good way. I'd been waffling on this because of the cost, as I already have Milani's Wild Violets quad and, for the price, it's pretty comprehensive. I mean, how many purple shadows does anyone need (don't answer that)? But the duo tone had me curious, and I got this and Ecstacy. It's really pigmented and shows up light lavender and the blue shift is noticeable, pretty, and different. I didn't use this all over, but that's do able. Blended with Ecstacy and Gunmetal this was beautiful. Totally worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a really pretty light purple color. When I first saw a picture online, I thought it was more of a pastel, but this is much more pigmented than it looks. Very bright and bold, yet still really light...if that makes sense?
I line my eyes with it underneath the lower lash line and it really brightens the green in my eyes. I don't really care for this as an all over eye shadow, but I love to highlight the inner corners with it and it works great for blending with darker colors. In my personal opinion, it seems to have less glitter than most UD eye shadows, but I could be imagining that :)

This isn't my favorite product ever, but it has it's uses. I love using it for a highlight to add a subtle color to neutrals that I wear to work. The purple hue is barely noticeable which is something I like, but under the right light you see it a little. I like it, and I would buy it again. For me, it's the perfect highlight because it's shimmery, but it adds a teeny tiny bit of color that makes the highlight just a little interesting. Not so great for actual eyeshadow, though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is good! it has a lot of pretty blue undertones and the pigmentation is good. Blends easily, and looks good without a ton of other shadows or liner to go with it. Like all UD, it's expensive though and you could probably find a drugstore dupe. But if you're going for UD purples, I'd go with asphyxia, it's nice.

I have root beer brown colored eyes & fair/medium skin tone. This color looks GREAT with my eye color. However, now that I'm getting older I don't use this shade as much. I still love it though!