Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.7

on 10/14/2009 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got a deluxe sample of this lid primer in a smashbox kit. I am an Urban Decay (UD) primer girl, but decided to try it. It works very similar, this one is more nude in color. It held up just as well as the UD primer. My lids are pretty oily but I wore this all day without any problems, and my lid color looked radiant even at the end of the night. I actually dont notice any other difference between this and UD based on performance. However, this primer is .1oz for $20, and UD primer is $17 for .34oz. Still I think this works just as good as UD. I'm actually surprised by the bad reviews because i think its a good product. I would recommend either one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The eye primer just didn't work for me. My shadow creased very quickly with this, it was kind of a joke, really. I played with it for a little while, I thought maybe I applied too much so I tried less and it was pretty much the same. It has stick concealer consistency and a bit harder to blend into skin than other eye primers.

What I do like about it is the lip primer. I've never used a lip primer before but was excited to try this since I have very pigmented lips and this shows up as a really really pale yellow/grey color. I've tried putting a bit of foundation and concealer on my lips before to tone them down as suggested by MAs and beauty editors but led to disastrous results. They would would feather and dry my lips out giving the lip color over it a really bizarre and ugly effect. But I don't get that at all with this lip primer. This primer has a really slick lipstick consistency, similar to the old Shu Uemura Lolishine lipsticks. The result with this primer is truer color as it is meant to be because my natural lip color is pretty much blocked from showing through and changing the color of the lippie. Lipsticks are a bit less likely to slide off too. I didn't find this drying either. And I love the packaging - the size, how it feels and looks. I wish Smashbox didn't make this a dual-end product and just made the lip primer on its own. As it is you receive about .02 oz of each product and it costs $24.

I won't be buying this again because the eyelid primer is pretty terrible.

on 3/14/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really dislike this. It's not serving its purpose..the shadows still crease with this on. I haven't tried the lip side yet.