Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

1.7

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

thankfully I bought this at a warehouse sale..this is just such an awful product. At firsrt i thought I received an old one or something and maybe something had happened to the formula but after reading reviews i guess this is the way it's supposed to be...anyways! The lid primer part of this first of all is very tough and chalky....tough meaning it does not glide on eyelids, but I have to press on my eyes really hard to get some on or I just take some off with my finger in order to put some on my lid. And then after that I can't even blend it on my eye, I thought it would be a more creamy texture since it goes on such a delicate area but no...and it just sits there...
The lid primer is the worst I have ever tried... not only is the texture awful but all my eyeshadows crease when i wear this...

The lip primer is pretty much a lost cause as well, I don't remember it being anything spectacular but I know I was so put off by the performance of the lid primer I lost all faith in the product altogether.

on 9/20/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was convinced to purchase the Lip & Lid primer after an associate at Sephora used it on me (the lip part) during a makeover. I already have & love the Photofinish Primer - so I thought I'd love this, too. But I don't. The lid (concealer) part is too thick and cakey - even when I lightly apply it with a brush. The lip primer is better - but is a little dry - even when new and it dries out quickly rendering the stick useless.

So with a one lippe lid end and a 3 lippie lip end I give this products an average of 2 lippies. Not worth buying again.

I was looking forward to trying this, after having great experience with the photo finish foundation primer spf 15 & dermaxyl.
First thought that came to mind was: 'Is this all?'
Yesterday was the first try out. The lid part comes on really smooth, doesn't seem dry to me at all, just nice, light and creamy and easy to spread over the whole lid with your fingers. I just did a very light eyeshadow thing, but the colors looked good. Only when I got back home from work and looked in the mirror [SHOCK], my brown eyeshadow had transfered into my crease. Not to my satisfaction at all! I normally use UDPP and that never fails me. Disappointment for me.
The lip primer however is the part I like :D It also goes on smoothly, does not feel dry, or dry out my lips, the color of my l/s is very intense and really stayed put for at least half of the day yesterday. Today it lasted me almost the whole working day.

I really hoped this would be a good one overall. I will use it, but will not repurchase.

on 2/7/2008 4:51:00 PM

I hate this product - in fact, because this was the first lip primer I tried, I thought they were all crap until I tried idBE Lip Revver Upper (which I love) I like some Smashbox color products - but their foundations, concealers and poweder formulations have really gone downhill lately...

I really did not like this one, the eye primer really accentuated lines. I know this product is only meant to keep your shadows in place etc but, I didn't want it accentuating other areas. The lip primer is just awful! Made my lips feel so horrible and dry.

on 10/22/2003 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Neither component does much for me in terms of increasing the staying power of lipstick and eyeshadow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product was such a disappointment! When I got it in the mail from QVC, I couldn't believe how tiny it is! There is NO product, it's all packaging (which I have to admit is really cute/clever). It's a lip primer on one side, which was the only part I wanted, and a lid primer on the other. The lip primer did what it was supposed to do, wipe out your natural lip color so colors go on truer. The lid part went on nice and smooth, but creased after 5 minutes. This one went right back to QVC!