Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.0

1 review

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The eye primer just didn't work for me. My shadow creased very quickly with this, it was kind of a joke, really. I played with it for a little while, I thought maybe I applied too much so I tried less and it was pretty much the same. It has stick concealer consistency and a bit harder to blend into skin than other eye primers.

What I do like about it is the lip primer. I've never used a lip primer before but was excited to try this since I have very pigmented lips and this shows up as a really really pale yellow/grey color. I've tried putting a bit of foundation and concealer on my lips before to tone them down as suggested by MAs and beauty editors but led to disastrous results. They would would feather and dry my lips out giving the lip color over it a really bizarre and ugly effect. But I don't get that at all with this lip primer. This primer has a really slick lipstick consistency, similar to the old Shu Uemura Lolishine lipsticks. The result with this primer is truer color as it is meant to be because my natural lip color is pretty much blocked from showing through and changing the color of the lippie. Lipsticks are a bit less likely to slide off too. I didn't find this drying either. And I love the packaging - the size, how it feels and looks. I wish Smashbox didn't make this a dual-end product and just made the lip primer on its own. As it is you receive about .02 oz of each product and it costs $24.

I won't be buying this again because the eyelid primer is pretty terrible.