Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.3

on 10/14/2009 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got a deluxe sample of this lid primer in a smashbox kit. I am an Urban Decay (UD) primer girl, but decided to try it. It works very similar, this one is more nude in color. It held up just as well as the UD primer. My lids are pretty oily but I wore this all day without any problems, and my lid color looked radiant even at the end of the night. I actually dont notice any other difference between this and UD based on performance. However, this primer is .1oz for $20, and UD primer is $17 for .34oz. Still I think this works just as good as UD. I'm actually surprised by the bad reviews because i think its a good product. I would recommend either one.

on 3/14/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really dislike this. It's not serving its purpose..the shadows still crease with this on. I haven't tried the lip side yet.

on 12/27/2008 9:03:00 PM

I was shopping with my sister and asked for that product for Christmas as the SA recommended it as a primer... it is an AWFUL primer, my favourite shadows I smear on top turn chalky. I had to scrub it off to put on my makeup.

on 9/25/2008 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this on my lids with with H.I.P. shadow on top and it all turned cakey, muddy and smeared within a couple of hours. Crappy $6 L'Oreal concealer (the one you paint on) worked better as a lid primer for my fairly oily lids.

It dried out my lips and lid. Not smooth at all! Yuck!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Since I have oily, dark eyelids, i liked the lid primer. My eyeshadow lasted longer and also showed up better after i used it. The lip primer was also good... again, the lipstick color came out truer and stayed longer. However, I can see how this would be drying and sticky for someone with normal to dry eyelids and lips, or with someone with fair skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

SA recommended this to me after I complained about makeup always smudging after a night out, leaving me to look like a raccoon. She put this on my lids on top of Anti-Shine and then did a smoky eye with tons of eyeshadow/mascara... It looked great! I went out for my 21st birthday that night and at the end of the night, my makeup wasn't perfect but I didn't look crazy & raccoon-eyed. Never do my eye makeup without this now.

edit: decided that it wasn't worth it to purchase this again since I never use the lip side, found similar primers that do the trick. continued >>

Did not like the fact that this was a dual purpose product - I just wanted a lid primer so now have this lip primer which by the way, doesn't really work. The lid primer helped marginally to keep eye make-up on longer - but only slightly longer. You might as well use your concealer on your eyelids - no need to buy another specialized product.

on 10/2/2007 12:13:00 PM

Worked okay on my elids but too heavy and chalky under the eyes. Limited color choices.

on 8/15/2007 7:44:00 AM

This is a disappointing product from Smashbox. I thought a dual purpose item would make it easy for me to bring when I travel. I bought this onboard a flight so I couldn't try before I bought it. The lip primer leaves an opaque beige color on my lips which weird because I already have pale lips. Perhaps it's more suitable for someone with dark lips.

I guess it's good if you want to have the true color of the lipstick transferred on your lips. Eye primer wasn't impressive because it felt heavy & didn't solve my greasy eyelid problem. So, the eyecolor still settled into the creases of my eyes at the end of the day. I gave it 2 lippies for the good packaging & because the lip primer didn't dry out my lips.