Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.4

This is by far the WORST eye and lip primer I have ever used. I really like other Smashbox products and when I saw this I thought I would give it a go. I am really sorry I did!

Both the eye and lid primers are heavy and drag on the skin and are difficult to blend, especially the eye primer.

Mine went in the bin!

on 8/17/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received this as a deluxe sample with my Smashbox gift kit, so I have no idea how much it costs. My HG is TFSI, but this performs the same on me (I have slightly oily lids, e/s creases on me by itself, but with a primer, I don't have any problems). It is lighter in color than TFSI, it has a good grip on my e/s and makes it look brighter and stay until I take it off.
I will rebuy if it's cheaper than TFSI, since I kind of prefer primers that have wand applicators, if not, I'll probably stick with the same old, but bottom line is that I like this primer and I have nothing bad to say about it.

on 8/8/2010 11:50:00 PM

I was excited about this product because it was my first primer because i was just starting out with makeup. I really dislike the lid primer because its thick and very cakey and creases very easily. Also it is hard to blend making the eyeshadow to not blend easily on the lid or the crease. The lip primer is alright but I would definitely try something else.

on 8/2/2009 10:08:00 PM

I was just finishing my previous lid primer and was looking forward to try something new...And it's not always a success...Like this time, when the lovely sales girl told me to try Smashbox lid&lip primer. A total disappointment!!! My eyeshadow greased within hours and the the primer itself is kind a chalky, not smooth at all!! I had to scrub the rest off...I was trying it couple of times, thinking that I'm doing something wrong, I let it try longer and etc., but the same disastrous result occurred. Although the lip primer will give those who have very pigmented lips a nice even base.
So I wont never buy this one again and it's kind a pricey as well...ughhhh....

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Both lip and eye primers are dry. The lip primer is a really light color that will change your lipstick color. Lame.

on 7/30/2004 12:05:00 PM

I hated this, and I usually love Smashbox. It was hard to get the product on the lid with the design of the packaging-- it is like a lipstick. My lids still creased, and I think it made my lids oily. I use Revlon concealer on them now, and it works 100 times better. The lip primer is nasty and makes my lipstick look terrible. Don't waste your money on this.

on 5/15/2003 6:42:00 PM

I'm actually liking this product! For both the lip and the lid, I put some on my finger then smudge on (luckily a nice lady that was also making a purchase recommended this to me AND said the lip side goes a long way, so just apply a teeny bit). The lid primer makes my e/s last all day, and evens out my skintone nicely. I don't use the lip side as much, but it does help my glosses stay on longer. Not bad stuff, plus it's very compact, which is a huge plus for me.