Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.5

I used the lid primer as it's supposed to be used, spread in a thin layer with fingers and set with a fine dusting of powder before applying eyeshadow. I have oily eyelids and so this didn't work that well throughout the day for me. I'll have to use a mattifier first, then the primer and see how it holds up. I'll come back and edit for that part.
The lip primer is a different story; I love it! It's great in lieu of a lip liner, or if you want more drama with a dark lip, you can still use a liner and it's not mucked up nor clownish. I just apply a thin layer around my lip line, then use the pad of my ring finger to gently blend the product over my lips, gently pushing the product into my lip lines. That way there is the thinnest amount of product and the most natural effect. It keeps my lip color on with no bleeding and gives me a soft looking lip.

on 5/3/2003 5:00:00 PM

Ok, I am glad I RIS, because it is super tiny, but for what it is...it's of decent quality. I much prefer Alexandra DeMarkoff Disguise for Eyes for a lid primer, but the lip primer was ok. I tried this at a smashbox event and the MA literally just smudgied a little on my lips. A little goes a long way. I thought it was best to get for my travelling, so I don't have to carry jars and jars of stuff. continued >>