Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.8

on 8/17/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received this as a deluxe sample with my Smashbox gift kit, so I have no idea how much it costs. My HG is TFSI, but this performs the same on me (I have slightly oily lids, e/s creases on me by itself, but with a primer, I don't have any problems). It is lighter in color than TFSI, it has a good grip on my e/s and makes it look brighter and stay until I take it off.
I will rebuy if it's cheaper than TFSI, since I kind of prefer primers that have wand applicators, if not, I'll probably stick with the same old, but bottom line is that I like this primer and I have nothing bad to say about it.

on 9/20/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was convinced to purchase the Lip & Lid primer after an associate at Sephora used it on me (the lip part) during a makeover. I already have & love the Photofinish Primer - so I thought I'd love this, too. But I don't. The lid (concealer) part is too thick and cakey - even when I lightly apply it with a brush. The lip primer is better - but is a little dry - even when new and it dries out quickly rendering the stick useless.

So with a one lippe lid end and a 3 lippie lip end I give this products an average of 2 lippies. Not worth buying again.

on 11/17/2007 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I could have used concealer as a more effective shadow base. I didn't buy it for the lip primer; that part of the product didn't seem to work either but it would be unfair to judge it as I don't use lipstick primers.

I used the lid primer as it's supposed to be used, spread in a thin layer with fingers and set with a fine dusting of powder before applying eyeshadow. I have oily eyelids and so this didn't work that well throughout the day for me. I'll have to use a mattifier first, then the primer and see how it holds up. I'll come back and edit for that part.
The lip primer is a different story; I love it! It's great in lieu of a lip liner, or if you want more drama with a dark lip, you can still use a liner and it's not mucked up nor clownish. I just apply a thin layer around my lip line, then use the pad of my ring finger to gently blend the product over my lips, gently pushing the product into my lip lines. That way there is the thinnest amount of product and the most natural effect. It keeps my lip color on with no bleeding and gives me a soft looking lip.