Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

1.7

This is by far the WORST eye and lip primer I have ever used. I really like other Smashbox products and when I saw this I thought I would give it a go. I am really sorry I did!

Both the eye and lid primers are heavy and drag on the skin and are difficult to blend, especially the eye primer.

Mine went in the bin!

on 8/8/2010 11:50:00 PM

I was excited about this product because it was my first primer because i was just starting out with makeup. I really dislike the lid primer because its thick and very cakey and creases very easily. Also it is hard to blend making the eyeshadow to not blend easily on the lid or the crease. The lip primer is alright but I would definitely try something else.

on 12/27/2008 9:03:00 PM

I was shopping with my sister and asked for that product for Christmas as the SA recommended it as a primer... it is an AWFUL primer, my favourite shadows I smear on top turn chalky. I had to scrub it off to put on my makeup.

on 9/25/2008 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this on my lids with with H.I.P. shadow on top and it all turned cakey, muddy and smeared within a couple of hours. Crappy $6 L'Oreal concealer (the one you paint on) worked better as a lid primer for my fairly oily lids.

I was looking forward to trying this, after having great experience with the photo finish foundation primer spf 15 & dermaxyl.
First thought that came to mind was: 'Is this all?'
Yesterday was the first try out. The lid part comes on really smooth, doesn't seem dry to me at all, just nice, light and creamy and easy to spread over the whole lid with your fingers. I just did a very light eyeshadow thing, but the colors looked good. Only when I got back home from work and looked in the mirror [SHOCK], my brown eyeshadow had transfered into my crease. Not to my satisfaction at all! I normally use UDPP and that never fails me. Disappointment for me.
The lip primer however is the part I like :D It also goes on smoothly, does not feel dry, or dry out my lips, the color of my l/s is very intense and really stayed put for at least half of the day yesterday. Today it lasted me almost the whole working day.

I really hoped this would be a good one overall. I will use it, but will not repurchase.

on 2/7/2008 4:51:00 PM

I hate this product - in fact, because this was the first lip primer I tried, I thought they were all crap until I tried idBE Lip Revver Upper (which I love) I like some Smashbox color products - but their foundations, concealers and poweder formulations have really gone downhill lately...

It dried out my lips and lid. Not smooth at all! Yuck!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

SA recommended this to me after I complained about makeup always smudging after a night out, leaving me to look like a raccoon. She put this on my lids on top of Anti-Shine and then did a smoky eye with tons of eyeshadow/mascara... It looked great! I went out for my 21st birthday that night and at the end of the night, my makeup wasn't perfect but I didn't look crazy & raccoon-eyed. Never do my eye makeup without this now.

edit: decided that it wasn't worth it to purchase this again since I never use the lip side, found similar primers that do the trick. continued >>

Did not like the fact that this was a dual purpose product - I just wanted a lid primer so now have this lip primer which by the way, doesn't really work. The lid primer helped marginally to keep eye make-up on longer - but only slightly longer. You might as well use your concealer on your eyelids - no need to buy another specialized product.

on 4/18/2007 1:01:00 AM

This was, quite possibly, the worst product that I have ever encountered. This product was expensive, poorly made and completely ineffective. As countless others have said, this product is DRY, DRY, DRY - which makes it useless. The cap for the lip primer was busted and wouldn't go down all the way despite being brand new. The lip primer was way too matte and didn't prime properly - it blended into my lipstick creating a nasty lip color. I couldn't get the lid primer across my clean eyelid because the product was too hard, even after running it (covered) under warm tap water twice. A third attempt resulted in...teeny tiny primer chunks over my eyelid. It is not a matter of figuring out how to use it like, say, some of Kevyn Aucoin's products. It is a CRAP PRODUCT. Thank god for Sephora's return policy.

Would I ever purchase this again??? HELL TO THE NO! continued >>