Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

3.5

on 8/17/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received this as a deluxe sample with my Smashbox gift kit, so I have no idea how much it costs. My HG is TFSI, but this performs the same on me (I have slightly oily lids, e/s creases on me by itself, but with a primer, I don't have any problems). It is lighter in color than TFSI, it has a good grip on my e/s and makes it look brighter and stay until I take it off.
I will rebuy if it's cheaper than TFSI, since I kind of prefer primers that have wand applicators, if not, I'll probably stick with the same old, but bottom line is that I like this primer and I have nothing bad to say about it.

on 11/17/2007 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I could have used concealer as a more effective shadow base. I didn't buy it for the lip primer; that part of the product didn't seem to work either but it would be unfair to judge it as I don't use lipstick primers.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I did want to love this. I am a BE lover and needed something to make my beloved glimmers/shadows/glimpses last all day. The lid portion was dry and did not apply smoothly. It works better when you put it on your finger first and then smooth onto lid. The lip product fared better. I only put it on the lower lip and then pressed my lips together to transfer it. I did like this part of the duo, but I like Laura Geller's eye/lip spackle compact much better.

on 7/24/2003 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

LOVE THIS! Let me say first that I have only used the lid primer, and I love it enough that even if the lip primer didn't exist, I'd still buy it for this! Wow. MUCH better than L'Oreal DeCrease, and dare I say, up there with Benefit FY Eye!! Kind of hard going on (seems to tug a bit) but just smooth it out with your fingers and you have a base that does not budge! This even works to keep BE glimmers on! Only negative so far with the Smashbox Lip & Lid Primer is that the size is incredibly small ... when it first arrived I actually thought they had sent me the wrong thing. VERY small, not a ton of product for the $20-ish bucks or so on QVC. I see now that they have two colors, a dark and a light, which is nice.