Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.0

on 8/2/2009 10:08:00 PM

I was just finishing my previous lid primer and was looking forward to try something new...And it's not always a success...Like this time, when the lovely sales girl told me to try Smashbox lid&lip primer. A total disappointment!!! My eyeshadow greased within hours and the the primer itself is kind a chalky, not smooth at all!! I had to scrub the rest off...I was trying it couple of times, thinking that I'm doing something wrong, I let it try longer and etc., but the same disastrous result occurred. Although the lip primer will give those who have very pigmented lips a nice even base.
So I wont never buy this one again and it's kind a pricey as well...ughhhh....

on 9/25/2008 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this on my lids with with H.I.P. shadow on top and it all turned cakey, muddy and smeared within a couple of hours. Crappy $6 L'Oreal concealer (the one you paint on) worked better as a lid primer for my fairly oily lids.

Did not like the fact that this was a dual purpose product - I just wanted a lid primer so now have this lip primer which by the way, doesn't really work. The lid primer helped marginally to keep eye make-up on longer - but only slightly longer. You might as well use your concealer on your eyelids - no need to buy another specialized product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Both lip and eye primers are dry. The lip primer is a really light color that will change your lipstick color. Lame.

on 10/26/2004 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a duo product. A lip primer on one end and lid primer on the other. Neither do anything much at all for me! The lid primer is ok, a little dry upon application, so I have to tug the eyelids more than I prefer. It keeps shadows on a little longer but not as well as some other products I have used. The lip primer is also drying but it does keep lipstick on a little longer and gives you a truer color because you are basically covering up the color of your lips. Neither product is outstanding, average at best. I will not repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product was such a disappointment! When I got it in the mail from QVC, I couldn't believe how tiny it is! There is NO product, it's all packaging (which I have to admit is really cute/clever). It's a lip primer on one side, which was the only part I wanted, and a lid primer on the other. The lip primer did what it was supposed to do, wipe out your natural lip color so colors go on truer. The lid part went on nice and smooth, but creased after 5 minutes. This one went right back to QVC!