Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.7

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

thankfully I bought this at a warehouse sale..this is just such an awful product. At firsrt i thought I received an old one or something and maybe something had happened to the formula but after reading reviews i guess this is the way it's supposed to be...anyways! The lid primer part of this first of all is very tough and chalky....tough meaning it does not glide on eyelids, but I have to press on my eyes really hard to get some on or I just take some off with my finger in order to put some on my lid. And then after that I can't even blend it on my eye, I thought it would be a more creamy texture since it goes on such a delicate area but no...and it just sits there...
The lid primer is the worst I have ever tried... not only is the texture awful but all my eyeshadows crease when i wear this...

The lip primer is pretty much a lost cause as well, I don't remember it being anything spectacular but I know I was so put off by the performance of the lid primer I lost all faith in the product altogether.

on 8/17/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received this as a deluxe sample with my Smashbox gift kit, so I have no idea how much it costs. My HG is TFSI, but this performs the same on me (I have slightly oily lids, e/s creases on me by itself, but with a primer, I don't have any problems). It is lighter in color than TFSI, it has a good grip on my e/s and makes it look brighter and stay until I take it off.
I will rebuy if it's cheaper than TFSI, since I kind of prefer primers that have wand applicators, if not, I'll probably stick with the same old, but bottom line is that I like this primer and I have nothing bad to say about it.

on 9/20/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was convinced to purchase the Lip & Lid primer after an associate at Sephora used it on me (the lip part) during a makeover. I already have & love the Photofinish Primer - so I thought I'd love this, too. But I don't. The lid (concealer) part is too thick and cakey - even when I lightly apply it with a brush. The lip primer is better - but is a little dry - even when new and it dries out quickly rendering the stick useless.

So with a one lippe lid end and a 3 lippie lip end I give this products an average of 2 lippies. Not worth buying again.

on 8/2/2009 10:08:00 PM

I was just finishing my previous lid primer and was looking forward to try something new...And it's not always a success...Like this time, when the lovely sales girl told me to try Smashbox lid&lip primer. A total disappointment!!! My eyeshadow greased within hours and the the primer itself is kind a chalky, not smooth at all!! I had to scrub the rest off...I was trying it couple of times, thinking that I'm doing something wrong, I let it try longer and etc., but the same disastrous result occurred. Although the lip primer will give those who have very pigmented lips a nice even base.
So I wont never buy this one again and it's kind a pricey as well...ughhhh....

on 12/22/2007 7:52:00 PM

I like this product because it keeps my eyeshadow on longer but the lip primer doesn't work that well. It cakes up and sucks out all the moisture on my lips. I would only buy the lid primer again if it was sold seperately.

on 11/17/2007 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I could have used concealer as a more effective shadow base. I didn't buy it for the lip primer; that part of the product didn't seem to work either but it would be unfair to judge it as I don't use lipstick primers.

on 4/19/2007 12:48:00 AM

After I looked at all the negative reviews on this site, i still decided to give this a try. The result turned out great! The lip part reduced the color of my lips so when i put lipgloss on my lips just looks like the color of the lipgloss. The lid part can be used as a consealer because it has a yellow tone to it. It also keeps eyeshadow in place really well. This product takes a little time and patience to try out all the ways you could use it to achieve the full effect. The quantity is very little but it lasts really long. And! I love the pakaging of all products from smashbox. So professional!

I really did not like this one, the eye primer really accentuated lines. I know this product is only meant to keep your shadows in place etc but, I didn't want it accentuating other areas. The lip primer is just awful! Made my lips feel so horrible and dry.

on 7/24/2003 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

LOVE THIS! Let me say first that I have only used the lid primer, and I love it enough that even if the lip primer didn't exist, I'd still buy it for this! Wow. MUCH better than L'Oreal DeCrease, and dare I say, up there with Benefit FY Eye!! Kind of hard going on (seems to tug a bit) but just smooth it out with your fingers and you have a base that does not budge! This even works to keep BE glimmers on! Only negative so far with the Smashbox Lip & Lid Primer is that the size is incredibly small ... when it first arrived I actually thought they had sent me the wrong thing. VERY small, not a ton of product for the $20-ish bucks or so on QVC. I see now that they have two colors, a dark and a light, which is nice.

on 4/5/2003 2:38:00 AM

I actually like this primer. I bought my first tube of it back in November. This is not a bad product at all. I've found that the lid primer does help shadows to cling to the skin so they can last longer. It kind of has a concealer/lipstick texture. I like putting some on my finger and just blending it onto the lid, it works great. (I also like topping it off with a spritz of Ben Nye Final Seal to set everything down and make it waterproof) The lid primer is good as well. It helps the lipstick color to go on truer and somewhat prolongs the lasting power. I think i'd buy this again