Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.2

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

thankfully I bought this at a warehouse sale..this is just such an awful product. At firsrt i thought I received an old one or something and maybe something had happened to the formula but after reading reviews i guess this is the way it's supposed to be...anyways! The lid primer part of this first of all is very tough and chalky....tough meaning it does not glide on eyelids, but I have to press on my eyes really hard to get some on or I just take some off with my finger in order to put some on my lid. And then after that I can't even blend it on my eye, I thought it would be a more creamy texture since it goes on such a delicate area but no...and it just sits there...
The lid primer is the worst I have ever tried... not only is the texture awful but all my eyeshadows crease when i wear this...

The lip primer is pretty much a lost cause as well, I don't remember it being anything spectacular but I know I was so put off by the performance of the lid primer I lost all faith in the product altogether.

This is by far the WORST eye and lip primer I have ever used. I really like other Smashbox products and when I saw this I thought I would give it a go. I am really sorry I did!

Both the eye and lid primers are heavy and drag on the skin and are difficult to blend, especially the eye primer.

Mine went in the bin!

on 8/2/2009 10:08:00 PM

I was just finishing my previous lid primer and was looking forward to try something new...And it's not always a success...Like this time, when the lovely sales girl told me to try Smashbox lid&lip primer. A total disappointment!!! My eyeshadow greased within hours and the the primer itself is kind a chalky, not smooth at all!! I had to scrub the rest off...I was trying it couple of times, thinking that I'm doing something wrong, I let it try longer and etc., but the same disastrous result occurred. Although the lip primer will give those who have very pigmented lips a nice even base.
So I wont never buy this one again and it's kind a pricey as well...ughhhh....

on 3/14/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really dislike this. It's not serving its purpose..the shadows still crease with this on. I haven't tried the lip side yet.

on 12/27/2008 9:03:00 PM

I was shopping with my sister and asked for that product for Christmas as the SA recommended it as a primer... it is an AWFUL primer, my favourite shadows I smear on top turn chalky. I had to scrub it off to put on my makeup.

on 9/25/2008 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this on my lids with with H.I.P. shadow on top and it all turned cakey, muddy and smeared within a couple of hours. Crappy $6 L'Oreal concealer (the one you paint on) worked better as a lid primer for my fairly oily lids.

It dried out my lips and lid. Not smooth at all! Yuck!

on 11/17/2007 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I could have used concealer as a more effective shadow base. I didn't buy it for the lip primer; that part of the product didn't seem to work either but it would be unfair to judge it as I don't use lipstick primers.

on 10/2/2007 12:13:00 PM

Worked okay on my elids but too heavy and chalky under the eyes. Limited color choices.

on 7/20/2007 10:03:00 AM

I never purchased this product before. I was going to when the sales girl whispered to me, "Don't waste your money!" I asked why, and she proceeded to tell me that is was a product that is very drying. Especially one the lips. She said I could still buy it and give it a try if I wanted to but for the price she suggested I leave it. I did just that. And after reading these reviews, I'm glad I did!!