Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.9

on 8/17/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received this as a deluxe sample with my Smashbox gift kit, so I have no idea how much it costs. My HG is TFSI, but this performs the same on me (I have slightly oily lids, e/s creases on me by itself, but with a primer, I don't have any problems). It is lighter in color than TFSI, it has a good grip on my e/s and makes it look brighter and stay until I take it off.
I will rebuy if it's cheaper than TFSI, since I kind of prefer primers that have wand applicators, if not, I'll probably stick with the same old, but bottom line is that I like this primer and I have nothing bad to say about it.

on 9/20/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was convinced to purchase the Lip & Lid primer after an associate at Sephora used it on me (the lip part) during a makeover. I already have & love the Photofinish Primer - so I thought I'd love this, too. But I don't. The lid (concealer) part is too thick and cakey - even when I lightly apply it with a brush. The lip primer is better - but is a little dry - even when new and it dries out quickly rendering the stick useless.

So with a one lippe lid end and a 3 lippie lip end I give this products an average of 2 lippies. Not worth buying again.

I was looking forward to trying this, after having great experience with the photo finish foundation primer spf 15 & dermaxyl.
First thought that came to mind was: 'Is this all?'
Yesterday was the first try out. The lid part comes on really smooth, doesn't seem dry to me at all, just nice, light and creamy and easy to spread over the whole lid with your fingers. I just did a very light eyeshadow thing, but the colors looked good. Only when I got back home from work and looked in the mirror [SHOCK], my brown eyeshadow had transfered into my crease. Not to my satisfaction at all! I normally use UDPP and that never fails me. Disappointment for me.
The lip primer however is the part I like :D It also goes on smoothly, does not feel dry, or dry out my lips, the color of my l/s is very intense and really stayed put for at least half of the day yesterday. Today it lasted me almost the whole working day.

I really hoped this would be a good one overall. I will use it, but will not repurchase.

on 2/7/2008 4:51:00 PM

I hate this product - in fact, because this was the first lip primer I tried, I thought they were all crap until I tried idBE Lip Revver Upper (which I love) I like some Smashbox color products - but their foundations, concealers and poweder formulations have really gone downhill lately...

Did not like the fact that this was a dual purpose product - I just wanted a lid primer so now have this lip primer which by the way, doesn't really work. The lid primer helped marginally to keep eye make-up on longer - but only slightly longer. You might as well use your concealer on your eyelids - no need to buy another specialized product.

on 8/15/2007 7:44:00 AM

This is a disappointing product from Smashbox. I thought a dual purpose item would make it easy for me to bring when I travel. I bought this onboard a flight so I couldn't try before I bought it. The lip primer leaves an opaque beige color on my lips which weird because I already have pale lips. Perhaps it's more suitable for someone with dark lips.

I guess it's good if you want to have the true color of the lipstick transferred on your lips. Eye primer wasn't impressive because it felt heavy & didn't solve my greasy eyelid problem. So, the eyecolor still settled into the creases of my eyes at the end of the day. I gave it 2 lippies for the good packaging & because the lip primer didn't dry out my lips.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I did want to love this. I am a BE lover and needed something to make my beloved glimmers/shadows/glimpses last all day. The lid portion was dry and did not apply smoothly. It works better when you put it on your finger first and then smooth onto lid. The lip product fared better. I only put it on the lower lip and then pressed my lips together to transfer it. I did like this part of the duo, but I like Laura Geller's eye/lip spackle compact much better.

on 7/24/2003 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

LOVE THIS! Let me say first that I have only used the lid primer, and I love it enough that even if the lip primer didn't exist, I'd still buy it for this! Wow. MUCH better than L'Oreal DeCrease, and dare I say, up there with Benefit FY Eye!! Kind of hard going on (seems to tug a bit) but just smooth it out with your fingers and you have a base that does not budge! This even works to keep BE glimmers on! Only negative so far with the Smashbox Lip & Lid Primer is that the size is incredibly small ... when it first arrived I actually thought they had sent me the wrong thing. VERY small, not a ton of product for the $20-ish bucks or so on QVC. I see now that they have two colors, a dark and a light, which is nice.