Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Filtered by age: 30-35
Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

1.7

on 8/2/2009 10:08:00 PM

I was just finishing my previous lid primer and was looking forward to try something new...And it's not always a success...Like this time, when the lovely sales girl told me to try Smashbox lid&lip primer. A total disappointment!!! My eyeshadow greased within hours and the the primer itself is kind a chalky, not smooth at all!! I had to scrub the rest off...I was trying it couple of times, thinking that I'm doing something wrong, I let it try longer and etc., but the same disastrous result occurred. Although the lip primer will give those who have very pigmented lips a nice even base.
So I wont never buy this one again and it's kind a pricey as well...ughhhh....

on 9/25/2008 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this on my lids with with H.I.P. shadow on top and it all turned cakey, muddy and smeared within a couple of hours. Crappy $6 L'Oreal concealer (the one you paint on) worked better as a lid primer for my fairly oily lids.

on 11/17/2007 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I could have used concealer as a more effective shadow base. I didn't buy it for the lip primer; that part of the product didn't seem to work either but it would be unfair to judge it as I don't use lipstick primers.

I used the lid primer as it's supposed to be used, spread in a thin layer with fingers and set with a fine dusting of powder before applying eyeshadow. I have oily eyelids and so this didn't work that well throughout the day for me. I'll have to use a mattifier first, then the primer and see how it holds up. I'll come back and edit for that part.
The lip primer is a different story; I love it! It's great in lieu of a lip liner, or if you want more drama with a dark lip, you can still use a liner and it's not mucked up nor clownish. I just apply a thin layer around my lip line, then use the pad of my ring finger to gently blend the product over my lips, gently pushing the product into my lip lines. That way there is the thinnest amount of product and the most natural effect. It keeps my lip color on with no bleeding and gives me a soft looking lip.

on 7/20/2007 10:03:00 AM

I never purchased this product before. I was going to when the sales girl whispered to me, "Don't waste your money!" I asked why, and she proceeded to tell me that is was a product that is very drying. Especially one the lips. She said I could still buy it and give it a try if I wanted to but for the price she suggested I leave it. I did just that. And after reading these reviews, I'm glad I did!!

on 1/8/2007 4:10:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. I have used 2/3 of it and I have now decided that I don't like it. I hate the lip side. It changes the colour of lipstick and dries out my lips. I never use it. The lid side does what it says. I find that it does make my e/s last longer and crease less. I don't like how it applies. It is too dry and I am never sure if I get enough on. When I end up putting too much on, it gets all lumpy. This is the first Smashbox product that I do not like and will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Completely agree with the previous reviews - the lid primer wasn't so bad but the lip one was horrible. Totally dried out my lips and changed the color of my (once pretty) light rose lipstick. Took it back to Sephora and the salesclerk just nodded and gave me my money back.....

on 4/3/2006 11:29:00 AM

Terrible, chalky, tugged at my skin. Returned it to nordstrom the next day

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Both lip and eye primers are dry. The lip primer is a really light color that will change your lipstick color. Lame.

I really did not like this one, the eye primer really accentuated lines. I know this product is only meant to keep your shadows in place etc but, I didn't want it accentuating other areas. The lip primer is just awful! Made my lips feel so horrible and dry.