Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.6

on 10/14/2009 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got a deluxe sample of this lid primer in a smashbox kit. I am an Urban Decay (UD) primer girl, but decided to try it. It works very similar, this one is more nude in color. It held up just as well as the UD primer. My lids are pretty oily but I wore this all day without any problems, and my lid color looked radiant even at the end of the night. I actually dont notice any other difference between this and UD based on performance. However, this primer is .1oz for $20, and UD primer is $17 for .34oz. Still I think this works just as good as UD. I'm actually surprised by the bad reviews because i think its a good product. I would recommend either one.

on 12/27/2008 9:03:00 PM

I was shopping with my sister and asked for that product for Christmas as the SA recommended it as a primer... it is an AWFUL primer, my favourite shadows I smear on top turn chalky. I had to scrub it off to put on my makeup.

It dried out my lips and lid. Not smooth at all! Yuck!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Since I have oily, dark eyelids, i liked the lid primer. My eyeshadow lasted longer and also showed up better after i used it. The lip primer was also good... again, the lipstick color came out truer and stayed longer. However, I can see how this would be drying and sticky for someone with normal to dry eyelids and lips, or with someone with fair skin.

on 5/7/2007 11:22:00 PM

I have oily eyelids and bought this from QVC and was disappointed to see how small it was. Not only that, it doesnt work that well. The lid primer is too dry and you have to drag it across your eye or try to get some on your finger and pat it on. Like other reviews, the lip primer distorts lipstick colors and makes them look muddy. Not happy with smashbox products thus far. I find them way too overpriced for the amount you get. I'm going to try Urban Decays primer, it's been getting some good reviews and it's half the price.UPDATE--YOU MUST BUY URBAN DECAYS LID PRIMER, IT'S MAGIC IN A BOTTLE. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON SMASHBOX JUNK!

on 7/29/2005 1:28:00 PM

The lid primer is fine. It did enhance the color and shine of my eyeshadow. The lip primer is kind of dry. I only use it for special occasions.

on 1/11/2005 4:49:00 PM

Dear l*rd they're still making this stuff?! Eye primer tugs and is dry. The lip primer is a little better just because your happy that its not like the eye primer but thenit dawns on you that the lip primer has the consistency of grease paint. Smashbox should pull this product in shame. its one of the worst most over priced makeup products I ever bought.

on 5/15/2003 6:42:00 PM

I'm actually liking this product! For both the lip and the lid, I put some on my finger then smudge on (luckily a nice lady that was also making a purchase recommended this to me AND said the lip side goes a long way, so just apply a teeny bit). The lid primer makes my e/s last all day, and evens out my skintone nicely. I don't use the lip side as much, but it does help my glosses stay on longer. Not bad stuff, plus it's very compact, which is a huge plus for me.

on 5/3/2003 5:00:00 PM

Ok, I am glad I RIS, because it is super tiny, but for what it is...it's of decent quality. I much prefer Alexandra DeMarkoff Disguise for Eyes for a lid primer, but the lip primer was ok. I tried this at a smashbox event and the MA literally just smudgied a little on my lips. A little goes a long way. I thought it was best to get for my travelling, so I don't have to carry jars and jars of stuff. continued >>