Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 19-24
Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

1.3

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

thankfully I bought this at a warehouse sale..this is just such an awful product. At firsrt i thought I received an old one or something and maybe something had happened to the formula but after reading reviews i guess this is the way it's supposed to be...anyways! The lid primer part of this first of all is very tough and chalky....tough meaning it does not glide on eyelids, but I have to press on my eyes really hard to get some on or I just take some off with my finger in order to put some on my lid. And then after that I can't even blend it on my eye, I thought it would be a more creamy texture since it goes on such a delicate area but no...and it just sits there...
The lid primer is the worst I have ever tried... not only is the texture awful but all my eyeshadows crease when i wear this...

The lip primer is pretty much a lost cause as well, I don't remember it being anything spectacular but I know I was so put off by the performance of the lid primer I lost all faith in the product altogether.

on 5/1/2007 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to say I love smashbox cosmetics but this product is really bad. Not only did it crease but it is extremely dry that i have a difficult time putting it on...i do like how it is small and convenient ..

on 4/18/2007 1:01:00 AM

This was, quite possibly, the worst product that I have ever encountered. This product was expensive, poorly made and completely ineffective. As countless others have said, this product is DRY, DRY, DRY - which makes it useless. The cap for the lip primer was busted and wouldn't go down all the way despite being brand new. The lip primer was way too matte and didn't prime properly - it blended into my lipstick creating a nasty lip color. I couldn't get the lid primer across my clean eyelid because the product was too hard, even after running it (covered) under warm tap water twice. A third attempt resulted in...teeny tiny primer chunks over my eyelid. It is not a matter of figuring out how to use it like, say, some of Kevyn Aucoin's products. It is a CRAP PRODUCT. Thank god for Sephora's return policy.

Would I ever purchase this again??? HELL TO THE NO! continued >>