MAC Frost - Ruby Darling

MAC Frost - Ruby Darling

4.7

Ruby Darling is a deep red with brown undertones and soft reflects in gold and pink. In my opinion it's pretty similar to Fresh Moroccan, but more brown. Fresh Moroccan is more a coppering red. Ruby Darling more a brown red.

on 3/12/2009 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I just received this in a swap and oh, how my heart aches that I'm going to have to search Ebay high and low to find another tube! It's perfect. Others have said the following, but it's worth repeating because it's true: it's like wearing Dorothy's ruby slippers on your lips, but it's absolutely NOT tacky or kitschy or loud in any way. I only had to take off a lippie because I find that after removal, the sparklies remain on my lips. Other than that, if you can get your hands on it, a) tell me where you found it, and b) please do!

Ruby Darling isn't a bright red for those who are into blood red retro lips - its tamed and quite brown. The red sparkles (not glitter) make it great for me, without them it would just look like a dull red toned brown.

It'll be perfect for those who don't like really bright reds but would still like to wear red as it isn't very in-your-face. Shame its LE as i would suggest people give it a try.It's a bit drying so best worn with lipbalm underneath, but it does stay on for quite a while.

on 12/30/2005 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Rich, dark ruby red with sparkles. Limited edition. Great lipstick!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

To me, Ruby Darling is a cranberry base with lots of sparkle. I really do like it, but since I bought Fresh Moroccan, I haven't used it. They are similar, but Fresh Moroccan is a little bit warmer and the sparkles are larger and more bronze whereas Ruby Darlings are more the color of the lipstick base. Im glad I got Ruby because it's LE, but I personally prefer Fresh Moroccan.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought Ruby Darling last year online..didn't even try it in person...and I guess I figured based on the description it would work..I wasn't wrong.

It is a red..but not a true red or an orangey red...like other reviewers said, it reminds me of ruby slippers...like the ones that Judy Garland wore..of course!!! But the actual shade is not too loud...and definitely day worthy. I actually find it more of a wearable *red*...but I prefer to call it more of a blue based slightly bronzed quiet but classic ruby/berry frost. I actually used Burgundy l/l with it during the day..and it looked fabulous...and yes..you can sheer it out or layer it on to suit the intensity you are looking to acheive.. For reference I am a NC30-35 olive skintone with dark brown hair and eyes...Ruby Darling is a definite keeper. Am glad I was able to get it when I did.

Can't compare to Fresh Morrocan..haven't tried it yet..sorry!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm so glad I got this one. It came out during the Adorn collection last fall but I didn't pick it up until last month. Luckily the MAC Pro store in San Francisco had a few left. I don't know how I managed to ignore this color all this time! It's a gorgeous warm red shade with some sparkles [not glitter]. I loove red lipsticks :) Since it's LE, I've read others say that Fresh Moroccan is a good substitute for this one

on 1/31/2005 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I recieved this item in a swap from a wonderful gal after a long search. It is VERY similar to Fresh Moroccan (which I already had) but I am still glad I got it.

I have brown hair and eyes and medium olive skin. I generally shy away from red's but this one is great. It can be worn with a light hand as a nice sheer red and it is loaded with sparkles and shimmer. Very nice. Will likely become my new red of choice.

on 1/28/2005 8:25:00 PM

I love this color! It was part of the Adorn Collection in Fall 2004. I walked into the prostore only a week ago, and it happened to still be in stock, and my eye was iummediately drawn to it.

It is ruby colors (hence the name) with some warm/brown tones to it, so it's not a cool red. It's the frost formula, so there's some gold shimmer to it, but it's not overdone.

I would love to repurchase, but I don't do backups. But I will check Fresh Moroccan out, since it's supposed to be similar to this. continued >>

I was so excited to finally get this after all the hype, but the color didn't work for me. I don't personally see what's so special about it anyway. It's a pretty, toned down ruby colored red with sparkles. I am a MAC NC20 with blonde hair and blue eyes and personally, it was too harsh on me- too dark. It would maybe be prettier on a more olive skintone who wears darker lipstick. It is very similar to Fresh Morrocan, but FM has a more bronzey tone that works slightly better for me.