MAC Pirouette

No Image

4.5

on 10/23/2004 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had been wanting this lipstick in tube form every since I got the 2003 Nordstrom palette that carried it. A medium pink with a copper shimmer. This lipstick is very lip liner dependant - you can get a lot of different looks from it, from dramatic to natural. I've tried Mahogany, Plum, Quartz, Whirl and Dervish, and each liner makes it look like a different lipstick. This is the glaze formulation - looks like a frost, but not as drying IMO. This lipstick also looks stunning when topped with Moonstone or Nymphette lipglass. For those who find it very sheer, try applying with a lipbrush - it leaves more color that way. I am a NC25ish.

on 10/25/2004 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a huge colour payoff, but you knew this was a Glaze formula, right? I find it leaves a very pretty sheer pinky shimmer with ultrafine gold glimmer (smear a little on the back of your hand and you'll see what I mean).
Has a little bit of a rough feel when applying, due to the shimmer, but you don't feel it once it's on. I like to think of this as the more mature version of Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds l/s. Better staying power too.

on 10/23/2004 7:23:00 PM

A very pretty, light pink with lots of gold/bronze shimmer. Feels a little grainy on the lips, but it's great otherwise!

on 10/23/2004 5:15:00 PM

I love this! Very flattering pinky-peach with glitter. I wear it with dervish and it's gorgeous. Too bad this baby is LE.

on 10/23/2004 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

This is a new shadow released with the Adorn collection. The collection as a whole is very shimmery and this is no exception. This is a neat bronzey-pinky color. I called it the perfect winter pink on the boards, and several people didn't see much pink in it. The formula is a glaze, which is a little misleading. This l/s definitely packs a glittery punch.

on 12/30/2006 7:47:00 PM

Like the first reviewer, I received this lipstick in my Nordstrom face palette (Holidazzle)back a few years. Otherwise I never would have tried it because I hate frost in general. I found it less drying that MAC's frost lipsticks and the texture was more comfortable on the lips. Very glittery & frosty but doesn't drain the color from my face like the many frosty light pinks I've tried from MAC. Pleasantly surprised.

LOVE THIS! Just one quick swipe and two dabs on the center bottom lip. Perfect!

on 1/13/2005 7:28:00 AM

Love, love, love this color. I loved it in the '03 palette and I love it on its own. It does seem to wear more like a frost than what its formula actually is and for that I'm certainly not complaining.

on 1/4/2005 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I just bought this today, after a long search...it was the last tube in the store. It is an amazing shimmery pink color that looks AMAZING! I like it so much, I may continue to track down a few more tubes to stock up on. YAY!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Piroutte is a pink color with a hint of peach (so its isnt too cool) with silver microglitter in it. Similiar to delish without the glitter. This is LE and released 2004 with the Adorn collection. Its a little drying but I still like it. After the color fades you are left with the glitter, but its still a color i get compliments on. I am a light olive nc30 and its a great lip shade with a smoky eye. I love this color. Slight vanilla scent that fades quickly.