MAC Cosmetics Pirouette

No Image

4.5

on 10/25/2004 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a huge colour payoff, but you knew this was a Glaze formula, right? I find it leaves a very pretty sheer pinky shimmer with ultrafine gold glimmer (smear a little on the back of your hand and you'll see what I mean).
Has a little bit of a rough feel when applying, due to the shimmer, but you don't feel it once it's on. I like to think of this as the more mature version of Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds l/s. Better staying power too.

on 10/23/2004 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had been wanting this lipstick in tube form every since I got the 2003 Nordstrom palette that carried it. A medium pink with a copper shimmer. This lipstick is very lip liner dependant - you can get a lot of different looks from it, from dramatic to natural. I've tried Mahogany, Plum, Quartz, Whirl and Dervish, and each liner makes it look like a different lipstick. This is the glaze formulation - looks like a frost, but not as drying IMO. This lipstick also looks stunning when topped with Moonstone or Nymphette lipglass. For those who find it very sheer, try applying with a lipbrush - it leaves more color that way. I am a NC25ish.