Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.1

on 5/27/2010 2:09:00 PM

I love this sexy scent.I am more of a romantic scent girl,flowers and fruits.But now and again I can find a spicy sexy scent and this is one I can wear.It lasts long time and it even stays on my clothes.Which is good if this would be my signature scent.Too bad I can only get it at outlets or semi annuals.

on 1/19/2008 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely not for me...Basic Instinct and Rapture are the two worst scents at VS. They are similar in that they are strong and smell old and cheap. I got a little bottle in a gift set and it is sitting on my dresser untouched next to Rapture and So In Love.

I discovered Basic Instinct back in 2003 or so. I was in Chicago with a friend and we stopped in a Victoria's Secret on the "Magnificent Mile". After being disappointed by testing Chanel No.5 and other "high end" scents (either by the scents or their price) I was almost scented-out byt the time we got to the Victoria's Secret. I was pleasantly surprised that they were giving away a free mascara with the purchace of a bottle of "Basic Instinct". I needed a new mascara, so I went for it. There was no size specification on the purfume, so I bought the smallest bottle, which remindned be of a deep purple glass tube of lipstick with ridges running from top to bottom. I was so happy when I put the purfume on for the first time, it smelled deep and sexy. I'm not one to get into "notes" of scents. I just go by what it makes me feel like, and this one seemed sensual to me. I was so bummed this past year when I went in to Victoria's Secret to see if I could find it again (I was never much of a purfume person before, but now that I am in my mid 20's I tend to wear it daily) only to find that they no longer sell it. B-U M-M-E-R!

on 3/21/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My best friend wears this and it smells really great on her. She calls it her "Mancatching Scent"...Its too sweet for me, but still smells really good.

on 3/28/2006 12:11:00 PM

GROSS!!! I got this as a free sample, and I was disappointed! Wayyyy to "mature" for me--I think the smell is completely wrong for the advertisements they used...or the other way around. I imagined sexy and flirty, instead it's more like an old lady...sooooo overpowering and chemical~

on 10/29/2005 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love this perfume. It's alot deeper than the rest of VS perfumes. It has a nice musk scent and I do like the powdery dry down. It's doesn't smell old lady to me (I'm 21), it's sexy and seductive. It's a keeper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I smelled a sample a long time ago, and thought it was strong yet somewhat pretty (deep down inside lol) well I recently tried it @ "Vicky's Secret" and it smells like patchouli which I hate, but if you like that note, then it might be for you. Pretty bottle.

on 8/4/2005 2:15:00 PM

I don't actually own this perfume, thank goodness, but it made such a strong impression on me that I had to review it. I used to work for Victoria's Secret, and we NEVER sold any bottles of this stuff! To me, it smells like a combination of old lady and hooker. Most customers who came into the store agreed that this stuff stank. I hope they discontinue it.

on 3/2/2005 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I know that this isn't one of those fragrances that everyone will wear. That said I like it. It's different than most everything I smelled lately, the bottle is nice and the scent lasts. It's a floral w/ some patchouli base but it's not a dirty patchouli. Nice for evening or colder weather. Edit: Having compared this w/ Prada and Narciso Rodriguez, basic Instinct is the same as Narciso Rodriguez on me w/ a thousand times better lasting power. NR on me disappears almost instantly and I've tried layering etc. It is also a bit similar to Prada but not as warm. I have the Basic Instinct body lotion I will layer w/ my Prada and will update if it's a good combo.

on 12/26/2004 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Call me crazy but I love this! It's a warm sexy scent, a bit strong but it dries down pretty light and soft. I commented to my hubby that I liked this and he bought me a bottle of it for Christmas. I know I'll be after him for another bottle once I use this one up :)