Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.1

on 5/1/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this perfume is seductive and sexy men loves it
i didn't like though at the begining when i started using it but after the compliment i had i could say that i'm loving it and i'm giving it a 5 because it's simply sexy

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

♥ this scent!! Im so sad that they no longer carry it in the stores though, so I have to order it online at a fragrance website. Everyone comments on how great it smells each time I wear it, and the smell lasts ALL day long. Its amazing!!

on 12/8/2008 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So… this scent might be for some people, but it’s definitely not for me! A friend of mine bought this for me and… I cannot say enough negative things about this product. It smells, just plain gross. How anybody can spray this on themselves and walk out of their home is beyond me! I am so, SO glad they discontinued this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I saw this when it first came out from Victoria's Secret and i thought it stunk to high heaven. It smelled cheap. The only thing it had going for it was the fact that the bottle was pretty. I'm glad they discontinued this!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for those times when you want to cut loose and smell bold and sexy! I first smelled this a few weeks ago on a stranger and couldn't resist asking her what she was wearing. She broke a sly smile and said, "Basic Instinct. Isn't it great?". I was immediately drawn to it and knew I had to have a bottle. The opening is all plummy wine richness, then it morphs into a deep, seductive patchouli/vanilla heaven mingled with exotic florals. This is a love it or hate it fragrance. If you like to play it safe with perfume, this is not for you, but if you've got a wild woman inside that wants to come out and play, Basic Instinct would be a perfect partner in crime. I'm not a Victoria Secret fragrance fan, but they got it right with this one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yuck...smells like old ladies. Too strong. Just yucky...what were you thinking Vicky?

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can't believe all the bad reviews! I guess this is because this seems like a more serious perfume and not a fruity floral, like a lot of VS scents. I would say it's an oriental chypre with a lot of patchouli in the base, I smell fruits the top, and a lovely floral center, and vanilla and patchouli in the base.

Here are the notes:Port Plum Wine, Apricot, Turkish Rose, Gardenia, Wild Tuberose, Patchouli, and Vanilla Orchid.

When I first smelled it, the florals + patchouli was slightly remininscent of Giorgio, but now that I have smelled it more, I think it's a very original scent with the Port Wine note and patchouli base. Seriously sexy...makes me want to meow!!!