Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.0

on 3/21/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My best friend wears this and it smells really great on her. She calls it her "Mancatching Scent"...Its too sweet for me, but still smells really good.

on 1/3/2005 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

When I first smelled it at a store, I was like WTF??? Smells like something my granny would wear. But then I got a bottle for Xmas and after smelling and "analyzing" the smell for a while, I decided that it's not that bad. While my bf feels neutral towards this particular fragrance, older folks (my mom, aunt and even dad) are delighted by it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Basic Instinct is a strong, insipid floral fragrance that smells exactly like the Downy "Aroma Floral" fabric softener you buy at Mexican grocery stores.

I received a .25 oz bottle of EDP in a GWP, and after checking the VS Web site, was shocked to learn that the value of this .25 oz is $16! What an unbelievable price tag for something that smells so cheap.

You will be better served if you take your $32, $42, or $52 and buy three, four, or five bottles, respectively, of the fragrance(s) of your choice from Avon. continued >>

on 11/16/2004 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Okay, so i didnt buy this and I never will. I tested it, and didn't like it at first, and disliked it even more once the scent faded. Ugh, it smelled rotten and old and cheap. WHY? I had a coupon for a free gloss and mascara if I bought something from this line, and I couldn't bring myself to buy ANYTHING even to give as a gift. VERY disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I just smelled this for the first time and WOW!!! It's been ages since anything "new" has come out fragrance-wise. To me it's always the same modern scent. This is different. Reminds me of a softer Paloma Picasso. Very sexy!! Definitely a real woman's fragrance!