Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.6

on 12/25/2011 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very warm fragrance for me and actually it's almost the same with Narciso Rodriguez for her EDP (parfum) the pink bottle. It's like a dupe for it. I have both fragrances.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this @ %50 recently and I totally loved it! By the time i went to VS only 3 bottles were left and body mists/splashes. Sadly I did not find the lotion anymore, but I got this perfume which is awesome! the scent lasts a long time too! sadly i hear it is discontinued but they bring out favorites once in a while.

on 9/23/2008 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

love this...........all the men love this! a sex scent! love it, very very seductive on me.

on 7/4/2006 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I too like this one very much - FOR ITS TOP NOTES..... for the first hour, I thought I had found a winner! The drydown was dissapointing however. It seemed to morph into something kindo ordinary and non-descript.

The patchouli won the 3 lippies - the drydown cost it the other 2.

on 4/14/2006 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this-it's very patchouli-ish.I think you really have to like that to enjoy this fragrance.I find it to be a very sexy scent-but probably too strong for summer.

on 3/28/2006 12:11:00 PM

GROSS!!! I got this as a free sample, and I was disappointed! Wayyyy to "mature" for me--I think the smell is completely wrong for the advertisements they used...or the other way around. I imagined sexy and flirty, instead it's more like an old lady...sooooo overpowering and chemical~

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can't believe all the bad reviews! I guess this is because this seems like a more serious perfume and not a fruity floral, like a lot of VS scents. I would say it's an oriental chypre with a lot of patchouli in the base, I smell fruits the top, and a lovely floral center, and vanilla and patchouli in the base.

Here are the notes:Port Plum Wine, Apricot, Turkish Rose, Gardenia, Wild Tuberose, Patchouli, and Vanilla Orchid.

When I first smelled it, the florals + patchouli was slightly remininscent of Giorgio, but now that I have smelled it more, I think it's a very original scent with the Port Wine note and patchouli base. Seriously sexy...makes me want to meow!!!

Purchased on a whim because my kids said it reminded them of their beloved grandmother (dicey, I know). Others have said it smells like Paloma, true, but I never hated Paloma like I hate this. It's like being trapped in a refrigerator box with the Red Hat club. My right nostril has taken out an order of protection against me, the left is consulting a psychic.

on 3/9/2005 10:57:00 AM

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this one! I found it to be a lovely sexy, seductive scent. Then again, I've had a thing for patchouli lately. Love the packaging. It's fun and rather bling-bling! LOL! Scent lasts too. I think this is one to stay.

on 2/2/2005 8:51:00 PM

If you like Angel, I think you may like this fragrance. Just didn't do anything for me. Way too spicy and sharp to me. Reminding me of Angel and Tabu.

Popular Fragrances