Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Filtered by hair type : Other
Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.3

on 1/24/2013 10:45:00 PM

compare to Narcisso Rodriguez and you will be suprised they seem to be siblings ;) I voted price as cheap bc got it on the 75% off table!
It is a strong fragrance deep plummy dark rose! I also own the Splash and since it's a tad bit lighter, I enjoy it even more! Naughty rose is what you seek with some yummy plummy and a bit of patchouly then this is your fragrance!

on 5/31/2012 8:06:00 PM

I bought this for about $6 on clearance at Victoria's Secret simply because I liked the ritzy bottle. It's pretty to look at, but the smell is not my style. The best way to describe it is musky, and it reminds me of the cheap colognes my mom would purchase from the drugstore. I keep pushing myself to wear it with the hope that it will grow on me, but that simply hasn't happened. The only positive I can think of is that this is a unique smell for a body spray, as most have more emphasis or floral or fruity notes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for those times when you want to cut loose and smell bold and sexy! I first smelled this a few weeks ago on a stranger and couldn't resist asking her what she was wearing. She broke a sly smile and said, "Basic Instinct. Isn't it great?". I was immediately drawn to it and knew I had to have a bottle. The opening is all plummy wine richness, then it morphs into a deep, seductive patchouli/vanilla heaven mingled with exotic florals. This is a love it or hate it fragrance. If you like to play it safe with perfume, this is not for you, but if you've got a wild woman inside that wants to come out and play, Basic Instinct would be a perfect partner in crime. I'm not a Victoria Secret fragrance fan, but they got it right with this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I received a small bottle of this as a gift set. I wasn't crazy about the scent on me, but I usually don't like heavier scents to begin with. It's not that I didn't like the smell itself, I just wouldn't purchase this for myself because it's a bit too musky. Even a light spray of this gave me a bit of a headache, and I don't get scent-induced headaches very often.

on 6/14/2005 5:20:00 PM

This is a very musky scent with a dash of patchouli. No fruits or discernable florals. For this reason, lots of VS fragrance wearers will be disappointed. However, it is a sexy scent. They also just came out with a "sheer" version. In all honestly, I only sniffed it, didn't wear it. But I'd try to sample the "sheer" version before deciding one way or the other about it. From what I could smell I liked it better than all the other VS scents with the exceptions of So in Love and Breathless, which I also like.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I used to work for VS and I quit (yes, QUIT. wasn't fired. was actually BEGGED to stay. this fragrance really is awful, I'm not being biased) after they launched this fragrance. I agree with all of the negative reviews. it smells so awful. the wine smell is interesting but the combination with the other smells which are supposed to be apricot, liquid honey, and patchouli ends up smelling "cheap" as in vile, and offensive. the perfume itself is not cheap price wise. in fact it's the most expensive in the store. ugh. $32 for a half an ounce. I got one for free since I was an associate, but I really hate it. I hope I can sell it on ebay.

on 11/21/2004 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I work as an associate for VS so I got the medium sized bottle free. This fragrance is very heavy and probably not something I would wear-usually I like lighter floral fragrance. This one reminds me of a fragrance older women would like-it's very mature. Beautiful packaging, however, and if you like heavy musk scents, you would like this fragrance.