Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.0

on 12/8/2008 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So… this scent might be for some people, but it’s definitely not for me! A friend of mine bought this for me and… I cannot say enough negative things about this product. It smells, just plain gross. How anybody can spray this on themselves and walk out of their home is beyond me! I am so, SO glad they discontinued this.

on 1/19/2008 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely not for me...Basic Instinct and Rapture are the two worst scents at VS. They are similar in that they are strong and smell old and cheap. I got a little bottle in a gift set and it is sitting on my dresser untouched next to Rapture and So In Love.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although discontinued to me this was one of VS's most original and intriguing scents. It is a spicy oriental fragrance that is bold and very much for nighttime wear. I fell in love with it and am very disappointed to see that they have stopped selling it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can't believe all the bad reviews! I guess this is because this seems like a more serious perfume and not a fruity floral, like a lot of VS scents. I would say it's an oriental chypre with a lot of patchouli in the base, I smell fruits the top, and a lovely floral center, and vanilla and patchouli in the base.

Here are the notes:Port Plum Wine, Apricot, Turkish Rose, Gardenia, Wild Tuberose, Patchouli, and Vanilla Orchid.

When I first smelled it, the florals + patchouli was slightly remininscent of Giorgio, but now that I have smelled it more, I think it's a very original scent with the Port Wine note and patchouli base. Seriously sexy...makes me want to meow!!!

Popular Fragrances