Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

2.8

on 12/25/2011 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very warm fragrance for me and actually it's almost the same with Narciso Rodriguez for her EDP (parfum) the pink bottle. It's like a dupe for it. I have both fragrances.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

♥ this scent!! Im so sad that they no longer carry it in the stores though, so I have to order it online at a fragrance website. Everyone comments on how great it smells each time I wear it, and the smell lasts ALL day long. Its amazing!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I saw this when it first came out from Victoria's Secret and i thought it stunk to high heaven. It smelled cheap. The only thing it had going for it was the fact that the bottle was pretty. I'm glad they discontinued this!

I discovered Basic Instinct back in 2003 or so. I was in Chicago with a friend and we stopped in a Victoria's Secret on the "Magnificent Mile". After being disappointed by testing Chanel No.5 and other "high end" scents (either by the scents or their price) I was almost scented-out byt the time we got to the Victoria's Secret. I was pleasantly surprised that they were giving away a free mascara with the purchace of a bottle of "Basic Instinct". I needed a new mascara, so I went for it. There was no size specification on the purfume, so I bought the smallest bottle, which remindned be of a deep purple glass tube of lipstick with ridges running from top to bottom. I was so happy when I put the purfume on for the first time, it smelled deep and sexy. I'm not one to get into "notes" of scents. I just go by what it makes me feel like, and this one seemed sensual to me. I was so bummed this past year when I went in to Victoria's Secret to see if I could find it again (I was never much of a purfume person before, but now that I am in my mid 20's I tend to wear it daily) only to find that they no longer sell it. B-U M-M-E-R!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

dispite other reviews, i love this one..

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My sister gave me a bottle of this. She is 16 and didn't like it much, she said it stank. But with my chemistry I like this. On me it smells like a much stronger version of Love's Baby Soft. Very floral topnotes, vanilla midnotes, and musky bottom notes. I think it's a lovely departure from other VS scents (although I like many of their others as well!) I wouldn't buy a bottle but I will wear what I have left.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I smelled a sample a long time ago, and thought it was strong yet somewhat pretty (deep down inside lol) well I recently tried it @ "Vicky's Secret" and it smells like patchouli which I hate, but if you like that note, then it might be for you. Pretty bottle.

on 6/29/2005 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

SO BAD!!!! Very strong musk. Smells so "old" and overbearing to me-nothing sexy about it to my nose. I had smelled this and hated it a few days before my old boss, who I also hated came strolling in smelling like she took a bath in it. So the deal was sealed for me then. Pretty bottle, though.

I got this as a miniature in a fragrance coffret from VS- I saw all the horrible reviews about it and thought it can't be that bad- uhh, yes it can. This fragrance is seriously gross and is a full on assault on the senses. I am not sure what age range they were marketing to with this one, but even my grandma wouldn't touch this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Fragrance is a highly personal thing, and totally subjective. Sometimes we make emotional or other connections with a scent. Like vanilla=comfort, rose=innocent, pine=Christmas. Well, if I were to make an association with this scent, it would have to be, and please excuse me for being blunt "Whore." This is a scent that somehow says "Sex!"without being sexy. I'm not a prude. I adore sex, but it's not a message I want to send with my perfume, and if I did want to send it with my perfume, it wouldn't be this one. I can't identify any of the notes of this because I really didn't take that deep or long of a sniff. It's strong, it's deep, it's got some notes to it sort of like Estee Lauder's Youth Dew perhaps. Just SO not my thing.

Popular Fragrances