Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.5

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this @ %50 recently and I totally loved it! By the time i went to VS only 3 bottles were left and body mists/splashes. Sadly I did not find the lotion anymore, but I got this perfume which is awesome! the scent lasts a long time too! sadly i hear it is discontinued but they bring out favorites once in a while.

on 1/11/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I just picked this up at the semi-annual sale and I must say it's not that bad. It's ultra-feminine with sexy floral notes. It smells very similar to one of my old (late 80's) drugstore favorites...Cachet. The crazy thing is, I've seen this on sale before but over looked it as I thought it was just your average run of the mill VS scent. After reading the reviews here, I decided to try it. I don't wear it too often but it's a keeper.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for those times when you want to cut loose and smell bold and sexy! I first smelled this a few weeks ago on a stranger and couldn't resist asking her what she was wearing. She broke a sly smile and said, "Basic Instinct. Isn't it great?". I was immediately drawn to it and knew I had to have a bottle. The opening is all plummy wine richness, then it morphs into a deep, seductive patchouli/vanilla heaven mingled with exotic florals. This is a love it or hate it fragrance. If you like to play it safe with perfume, this is not for you, but if you've got a wild woman inside that wants to come out and play, Basic Instinct would be a perfect partner in crime. I'm not a Victoria Secret fragrance fan, but they got it right with this one.

on 7/4/2006 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I too like this one very much - FOR ITS TOP NOTES..... for the first hour, I thought I had found a winner! The drydown was dissapointing however. It seemed to morph into something kindo ordinary and non-descript.

The patchouli won the 3 lippies - the drydown cost it the other 2.

on 3/29/2006 10:51:00 AM

It really must be dependent on body chemistry. I absolutely love this fragrance. I first tried it in the collection of minis from last Christmas. My fiance loved it so much he bought me the full size. If your man loves wine like mine does, you should really try a sample if you can.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yuck...smells like old ladies. Too strong. Just yucky...what were you thinking Vicky?

very pretty bottle, but I love this, I dont know why all the bad reviews. I think this smells nice. kindof like the old posion.

on 11/21/2004 4:53:00 PM

I'll let everyones elses comments describes this scent. All i can say is yuck! WHAT WAS VS thinking?

Popular Fragrances