Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

2.8

on 3/21/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My best friend wears this and it smells really great on her. She calls it her "Mancatching Scent"...Its too sweet for me, but still smells really good.

on 8/4/2005 2:15:00 PM

I don't actually own this perfume, thank goodness, but it made such a strong impression on me that I had to review it. I used to work for Victoria's Secret, and we NEVER sold any bottles of this stuff! To me, it smells like a combination of old lady and hooker. Most customers who came into the store agreed that this stuff stank. I hope they discontinue it.

on 6/26/2005 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love Angel, and this one reminds me of it, but not so spicy. My husband tells me it smells so sexy. Not a scent for summer, but more for going out in the Autumn or Winter. I feel a little like a 1940's glam girl in this, oh so sexy...we'll see how I feel after 3.4 oz...

on 3/9/2005 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this one! I found it to be a lovely sexy, seductive scent. Then again, I've had a thing for patchouli lately. Love the packaging. It's fun and rather bling-bling! LOL! Scent lasts too. I think this is one to stay.

on 3/2/2005 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I know that this isn't one of those fragrances that everyone will wear. That said I like it. It's different than most everything I smelled lately, the bottle is nice and the scent lasts. It's a floral w/ some patchouli base but it's not a dirty patchouli. Nice for evening or colder weather. Edit: Having compared this w/ Prada and Narciso Rodriguez, basic Instinct is the same as Narciso Rodriguez on me w/ a thousand times better lasting power. NR on me disappears almost instantly and I've tried layering etc. It is also a bit similar to Prada but not as warm. I have the Basic Instinct body lotion I will layer w/ my Prada and will update if it's a good combo.

on 2/19/2005 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Bought this a few days ago, what was I thinking. WAAAAyyy too strong and perfumey smelling. And the scent lasted and lasted. How come that never happens with the perfumes I love?! Returning it to the store today, will exchange for something else.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Basic Instinct is a strong, insipid floral fragrance that smells exactly like the Downy "Aroma Floral" fabric softener you buy at Mexican grocery stores.

I received a .25 oz bottle of EDP in a GWP, and after checking the VS Web site, was shocked to learn that the value of this .25 oz is $16! What an unbelievable price tag for something that smells so cheap.

You will be better served if you take your $32, $42, or $52 and buy three, four, or five bottles, respectively, of the fragrance(s) of your choice from Avon. continued >>

on 12/26/2004 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Call me crazy but I love this! It's a warm sexy scent, a bit strong but it dries down pretty light and soft. I commented to my hubby that I liked this and he bought me a bottle of it for Christmas. I know I'll be after him for another bottle once I use this one up :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was out malling w/my daughter yesterday & decided to browse through VS. Among the ridiculously overpriced slips, thongs, & titslings, I happened upon Basic Instinct & decided to try it. To my surprise, I really liked it. AT FIRST. After about 15 minutes it turned into grotsky old lady musk, reminiscent of TABU or Wal-Mart's Designer Impostor Giorgio or something like that. I went home with a headache & an intense desire to boil my wrist.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This scent remindes me of one thing, the smell of dirty underwear. If my boyfriend thought this smell was "hot" I would go out and find a new one on principle. I enjoy deep scents, but the musk in this makes me want to wash myself for days. What on earth was VS thinking this time!!! Yes... lets make a perfume that smells like a womans sexual organ that has been left out for days. EWWWWWWWW