Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.0

Eyes: Violet

The perfume bottle is exquisite in beauty. Deep purple with 2 bands of diamond crystal across the lid. It looks very luxurious. The mystery end there. It's a patchouli, fruity, woody, sweet, white floral, earthy scent all mixed together.The fragrance features apricot, tuberose, gardenia, plum, patchouli, turkish rose and vanilla.

People either hate or love this perfume. It seems like there is no in between. Probably best for the more mature demographic. This is a strong scent. It will knock you off your sock if you're used to the other sweeter VS scents. Very strong sharp acrid masculine scent. People with sensitive noses and system will be in shock. Those less sensitive will be able to surpass all obstacle and get to the scent. Just not my taste. This perfume in my opinion belongs to the offensive scents. Meaning I cannot even handle the fragrant from a distant to even give it a chance on my skin. Head ache inducing perfume.

on 12/8/2008 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So… this scent might be for some people, but it’s definitely not for me! A friend of mine bought this for me and… I cannot say enough negative things about this product. It smells, just plain gross. How anybody can spray this on themselves and walk out of their home is beyond me! I am so, SO glad they discontinued this.

on 1/19/2008 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely not for me...Basic Instinct and Rapture are the two worst scents at VS. They are similar in that they are strong and smell old and cheap. I got a little bottle in a gift set and it is sitting on my dresser untouched next to Rapture and So In Love.

REEEEEEKS! I work at Victoria's Secret and i'm glad we discontinued it. Suprisingly enough we still get inquiries about if its ever coming back from hard-core fans. I pray it doesn't.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I saw this when it first came out from Victoria's Secret and i thought it stunk to high heaven. It smelled cheap. The only thing it had going for it was the fact that the bottle was pretty. I'm glad they discontinued this!

horriably strong
looks like they are pulling it anyways

on 3/28/2006 12:11:00 PM

GROSS!!! I got this as a free sample, and I was disappointed! Wayyyy to "mature" for me--I think the smell is completely wrong for the advertisements they used...or the other way around. I imagined sexy and flirty, instead it's more like an old lady...sooooo overpowering and chemical~

on 10/10/2005 10:41:00 PM

WOW, this is such an "old lady" perfume! I was baffled as to who would actually buy this perfume. It literally gave me a migraine right away. Smells very musty and strong..maybe like patchouli? NO thanks!

on 9/7/2005 1:47:00 AM

Run far away from this scent. I did not buy it, but I get the catalog all the time and smelled it there. Like another reviewer said, even though I didn't buy it, it made such a bad impression on me I had to review it. Seriously, I couldn't wash it off fast enough. It is beyond belief horrible and strong. Who thought enough of this smell to put it on the shelves? Wretch-worthy.

on 8/4/2005 2:15:00 PM

I don't actually own this perfume, thank goodness, but it made such a strong impression on me that I had to review it. I used to work for Victoria's Secret, and we NEVER sold any bottles of this stuff! To me, it smells like a combination of old lady and hooker. Most customers who came into the store agreed that this stuff stank. I hope they discontinue it.

Popular Fragrances