Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Filtered by age: 36-43
Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.8

on 1/24/2013 10:45:00 PM

compare to Narcisso Rodriguez and you will be suprised they seem to be siblings ;) I voted price as cheap bc got it on the 75% off table!
It is a strong fragrance deep plummy dark rose! I also own the Splash and since it's a tad bit lighter, I enjoy it even more! Naughty rose is what you seek with some yummy plummy and a bit of patchouly then this is your fragrance!

on 1/11/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I just picked this up at the semi-annual sale and I must say it's not that bad. It's ultra-feminine with sexy floral notes. It smells very similar to one of my old (late 80's) drugstore favorites...Cachet. The crazy thing is, I've seen this on sale before but over looked it as I thought it was just your average run of the mill VS scent. After reading the reviews here, I decided to try it. I don't wear it too often but it's a keeper.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for those times when you want to cut loose and smell bold and sexy! I first smelled this a few weeks ago on a stranger and couldn't resist asking her what she was wearing. She broke a sly smile and said, "Basic Instinct. Isn't it great?". I was immediately drawn to it and knew I had to have a bottle. The opening is all plummy wine richness, then it morphs into a deep, seductive patchouli/vanilla heaven mingled with exotic florals. This is a love it or hate it fragrance. If you like to play it safe with perfume, this is not for you, but if you've got a wild woman inside that wants to come out and play, Basic Instinct would be a perfect partner in crime. I'm not a Victoria Secret fragrance fan, but they got it right with this one.

on 10/10/2006 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This scent is, believe it or not, what SJP Lovely and Narciso Rodriguez should have been. They are all similar in character, although BI definitely packs more of a punch. BI also has a port wine note (subtle, though) in the top that burns off quickly. The heart is a fabulous bold musk with the tiniest hint of a vague sort of fruit--grape?--in the far, far back. The best scent VS has ever done, hands down. Sadly pulled for now, but I hear it'll be back for the holidays. Let's hope. :-)

on 3/29/2006 10:51:00 AM

It really must be dependent on body chemistry. I absolutely love this fragrance. I first tried it in the collection of minis from last Christmas. My fiance loved it so much he bought me the full size. If your man loves wine like mine does, you should really try a sample if you can.

on 7/1/2005 9:58:00 PM

WHAT A DISGUSTING SCENT!THIS WON'T BE DISCONTINUED,ONLY THE GOODS ONES DO LIKE THEIR ESSENCES DE VOYAGE.

on 6/13/2005 1:39:00 PM

I love this fragrance! It is definately heavier than most, but it is unique and will be remembered. Men seem to love it.

on 2/2/2005 8:51:00 PM

If you like Angel, I think you may like this fragrance. Just didn't do anything for me. Way too spicy and sharp to me. Reminding me of Angel and Tabu.

on 12/26/2004 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely a love it or hate it type fragrance from the reviews! I love it! Very nice floral!! Romantic, and sexy! It has gotten me hooked on Victoria's Secret stuff now. After wearing this, and loving it, I had to return my Origins Fretnot- it was just too "sharp" for my nose. And the Ginger Essence was all wrong! Basic Instinct for those days you want to feel powerful and sexy- a woman in control!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I just smelled this for the first time and WOW!!! It's been ages since anything "new" has come out fragrance-wise. To me it's always the same modern scent. This is different. Reminds me of a softer Paloma Picasso. Very sexy!! Definitely a real woman's fragrance!

Popular Fragrances