Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Filtered by age: 25-29
Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.2

Eyes: Violet

The perfume bottle is exquisite in beauty. Deep purple with 2 bands of diamond crystal across the lid. It looks very luxurious. The mystery end there. It's a patchouli, fruity, woody, sweet, white floral, earthy scent all mixed together.The fragrance features apricot, tuberose, gardenia, plum, patchouli, turkish rose and vanilla.

People either hate or love this perfume. It seems like there is no in between. Probably best for the more mature demographic. This is a strong scent. It will knock you off your sock if you're used to the other sweeter VS scents. Very strong sharp acrid masculine scent. People with sensitive noses and system will be in shock. Those less sensitive will be able to surpass all obstacle and get to the scent. Just not my taste. This perfume in my opinion belongs to the offensive scents. Meaning I cannot even handle the fragrant from a distant to even give it a chance on my skin. Head ache inducing perfume.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this @ %50 recently and I totally loved it! By the time i went to VS only 3 bottles were left and body mists/splashes. Sadly I did not find the lotion anymore, but I got this perfume which is awesome! the scent lasts a long time too! sadly i hear it is discontinued but they bring out favorites once in a while.

on 5/1/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this perfume is seductive and sexy men loves it
i didn't like though at the begining when i started using it but after the compliment i had i could say that i'm loving it and i'm giving it a 5 because it's simply sexy

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

♥ this scent!! Im so sad that they no longer carry it in the stores though, so I have to order it online at a fragrance website. Everyone comments on how great it smells each time I wear it, and the smell lasts ALL day long. Its amazing!!

on 3/21/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My best friend wears this and it smells really great on her. She calls it her "Mancatching Scent"...Its too sweet for me, but still smells really good.

I really liked this fragrance and thought it was different than all the other VS fragrances, which all seem a little bit similar to me. But of course they pulled it, just like they have done with other winners (Breathless, being one). I'm not a big Heavenly fan, unlike the rest of America apparently, so I was sad to see this one go. I would loosely compare it to Prada, but Prada is sweeter in my opinion. This is a sexy scent, a good evening perfume.

on 3/28/2006 12:11:00 PM

GROSS!!! I got this as a free sample, and I was disappointed! Wayyyy to "mature" for me--I think the smell is completely wrong for the advertisements they used...or the other way around. I imagined sexy and flirty, instead it's more like an old lady...sooooo overpowering and chemical~

on 3/4/2006 5:55:00 PM

Dont care for this scent at all. To me it just stinks. I gave it 2 lippies because I like its packaging.

on 9/7/2005 1:47:00 AM

Run far away from this scent. I did not buy it, but I get the catalog all the time and smelled it there. Like another reviewer said, even though I didn't buy it, it made such a bad impression on me I had to review it. Seriously, I couldn't wash it off fast enough. It is beyond belief horrible and strong. Who thought enough of this smell to put it on the shelves? Wretch-worthy.

on 6/29/2005 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

SO BAD!!!! Very strong musk. Smells so "old" and overbearing to me-nothing sexy about it to my nose. I had smelled this and hated it a few days before my old boss, who I also hated came strolling in smelling like she took a bath in it. So the deal was sealed for me then. Pretty bottle, though.