Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

2.5

on 12/8/2008 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So… this scent might be for some people, but it’s definitely not for me! A friend of mine bought this for me and… I cannot say enough negative things about this product. It smells, just plain gross. How anybody can spray this on themselves and walk out of their home is beyond me! I am so, SO glad they discontinued this.

on 1/19/2008 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely not for me...Basic Instinct and Rapture are the two worst scents at VS. They are similar in that they are strong and smell old and cheap. I got a little bottle in a gift set and it is sitting on my dresser untouched next to Rapture and So In Love.

REEEEEEKS! I work at Victoria's Secret and i'm glad we discontinued it. Suprisingly enough we still get inquiries about if its ever coming back from hard-core fans. I pray it doesn't.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I saw this when it first came out from Victoria's Secret and i thought it stunk to high heaven. It smelled cheap. The only thing it had going for it was the fact that the bottle was pretty. I'm glad they discontinued this!

I discovered Basic Instinct back in 2003 or so. I was in Chicago with a friend and we stopped in a Victoria's Secret on the "Magnificent Mile". After being disappointed by testing Chanel No.5 and other "high end" scents (either by the scents or their price) I was almost scented-out byt the time we got to the Victoria's Secret. I was pleasantly surprised that they were giving away a free mascara with the purchace of a bottle of "Basic Instinct". I needed a new mascara, so I went for it. There was no size specification on the purfume, so I bought the smallest bottle, which remindned be of a deep purple glass tube of lipstick with ridges running from top to bottom. I was so happy when I put the purfume on for the first time, it smelled deep and sexy. I'm not one to get into "notes" of scents. I just go by what it makes me feel like, and this one seemed sensual to me. I was so bummed this past year when I went in to Victoria's Secret to see if I could find it again (I was never much of a purfume person before, but now that I am in my mid 20's I tend to wear it daily) only to find that they no longer sell it. B-U M-M-E-R!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I received a small bottle of this as a gift set. I wasn't crazy about the scent on me, but I usually don't like heavier scents to begin with. It's not that I didn't like the smell itself, I just wouldn't purchase this for myself because it's a bit too musky. Even a light spray of this gave me a bit of a headache, and I don't get scent-induced headaches very often.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I simply adore this one! The sexiest fragrance VS has ever made! It is dark and musky, very feminine... And it is not old-ladish at all (I am 21)!!! As altodiva mentioned, it is that kind of fragrance like NR For Her. So sad it has been discontinued :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

dispite other reviews, i love this one..

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My sister gave me a bottle of this. She is 16 and didn't like it much, she said it stank. But with my chemistry I like this. On me it smells like a much stronger version of Love's Baby Soft. Very floral topnotes, vanilla midnotes, and musky bottom notes. I think it's a lovely departure from other VS scents (although I like many of their others as well!) I wouldn't buy a bottle but I will wear what I have left.

on 12/19/2005 8:32:00 PM

I love this perfume. I'm 20 and i was looking for a more mature scent. After i used a sample i fell in love with this, i didn't tell my boyfriend i put this on and he loved it so much he got me the shimer for xmas. So now i use both products, the shimer is not as strong as the perfume so its worth it if some one thinks the prfume is to heavy. i only use one pump each time i use it and i had it since feb. and its bearly gone.