Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe & Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe & Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer

3.6

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Octyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Stearic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract (1)*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (1), Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Allantoin, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene, Linalool , Fragrance (Parfum) (1) Certified Organic Ingredient ,* Also known as Gotu Kola Extract (updated: 5/4/2012)

on 12/18/2016 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this moisturizer! I find the smell pleasant and as soon as the product "sinks in" it disappears. I have dry, sensitive skin and this has never caused me to break out or felt oily. A little bit goes a LONG way, for my whole face I probably use a dime sized amount at most. The only downside is the packaging, I hate the thought of coating my face with something I've dipped my fingers into every day for months....If this came in a pump I would rate it 5/5.

Ive struggled with cystic acne with oily skin since I was 12 and In now 23.It cycles from clear smoothish skin to what the heck just happened. I always stick to as natural as possible but this was part of sale at the store so I tried it because I like most of there other products. So I normally don't buy any skincare products that come in jars because the exposure to air minimizes there efficacy especially natural ones with little to preservatives which causes it to waste faster & just not work. Second the smell was so overwhelming it didn't seem natural at all & it worried me every time I put it in my skin even thought I'm pretty tolerant when it come to that. Third for the price I really didn't see any results mild or slight, I expected to see some results so I would not recommend this product to a friend. I do like Alba in general but this product did more harm than good to my skin.

on 7/14/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not good for sensitive or acne prone skin... Formula is too thick and still too oily even though it's advertised oil free. I found out its full of fillers to make it thicker and it made my breakouts worse. The smell was nice though.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

THIS IS FABULOUS IF I MIX A BIT OF ACNE FREE SEVERE'S 10% BENZYL PEROXIDE MOISTURIZER INTO IT. A TEASPOON OF THE BENZYL PEROXIDE 10% INTO THE CONTAINER IS BETTER. I ALSO EXFOLIATE WITH AN ALPHA BETA PEEL, MONTHLY. ALBA BOTANICAL HAS AN AMAZING FACIAL GEL MASK WITH BROMELAINE THAT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE USING EVERY MONTH.

At first I loved this stuff. It plumped my skin, reduced redness and had all around great effects. Three days later the whiteheads started appearing. Boooo! It seemed so promising.

I stopped using it to be sure that's what was causing my pimples and sure enough, it was the moisturizer. :(

Other than that... Smells good, takes a long time to absorb, best as a night cream. Jar packaging is kinda lame.

on 12/18/2015 4:58:00 PM

Alba Botanica products are all natural and on the expensive side. I am not too crazy about this moisturizer for a few reasons. It is kind of expensive, it smells weird, and the actual product is mediocre. The smell is supposedly aloe and green tea, but when you first smell it, it almost smells like alcohol. Once it touches the skin, the smell is more pleasant. The product itself feels like a gel form, but I think a lot of the product might sort of just sit on top of the skin. It doesn't seem to absorb as well. There are better moisturizers out there.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this because I ran out of my usual moisturizer and am now on a budget. I like the natural ingredients and that it is oil-free since my skin is on the oily side and is acne prone. I used this before bed and noticed a little goes a long way. When I woke up, my skin was super oily. I used a small amount after my shower and applied my usual primer and foundation and it just looked absolutely horrible. It wouldn't blend and seeped into my pores. No matter how much I tried to blend it just would not. Ive never had this problem before. So i washed it off and tried a sample trial size moisturizer that I received from a friend and used my primer and my foundation blended like normal. I will be returning this product.

on 7/18/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

this product sits too heavy on my oily skin, especially in hot weather. i re-used it as a body moisturizer.

on 6/20/2015 2:18:00 PM

It leaves a bit greasy surfice despite of oil free,smells kind of nice but not huge fan of it.

I was so excited to try this, but it stung my face and irritated the sides of my nose (I don't have sensitive skin). It also made me break out horribly on my forehead. Trashed it.