Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe & Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe & Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer

3.6

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Octyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Stearic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract (1)*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (1), Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Allantoin, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene, Linalool , Fragrance (Parfum) (1) Certified Organic Ingredient ,* Also known as Gotu Kola Extract (updated: 5/4/2012)

on 6/2/2018 4:06:00 PM

Wanted very much to love this product.
It smells good and is paraben free.

It worked ok for the patch test on my wrist.
It worked fine when I used it for the first time, layered over a serum from another brand.
However, when used on its own, on freshly washed skin, it caused a burning and stinging sensation.

Washed it off immediately, and calmed the irritated skin with my trusty Physiogel AL cream.

Perhaps this item will work well when layered over another product, or maybe applied on skin that wasn't just cleansed.

on 2/9/2018 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This moisturizer wrecked my face more than anything else i've ever used, and i've used ocean salt by lush. I've never had so many cysts pop up over night. It was painful and itchy at the same time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite day time moisturizer. It goes on silky smooth, is ph balanced and has great ingredients.
I have dry and acne prone skin and this moisturizer is hydrating but not oily. Plus it has hyaluronic acid!
For someone with oily skin, i think this would work better when used sparingly since a little goes a long way.
For the price, the jar is a great size! Triple the size of similarly priced moisturizers.
It was only $6.50 at my Walmart! Awesome price, even for drugstore.

My only complaint is that it's in a jar which is a bit less hygienic than a pump, but as long as you wash your hands after opening it and before applying its fine.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've had this for a while and really enjoy using it as a day or night moisturizer in the summer. It's light but keeps my skin soft/lightly moisturized without weighing it down and has a fresh, clean scent. I'm also a fan of the fact that it's oil-free and cruelty-free. :] I'm actually a fan of the jar packaging since I wash my hands before every use anyway. (I feel like I lose/waste a lot of product with tube packaging, and getting to reuse the jar later on when I make my own moisturizers/scrubs is always a plus!)

on 7/13/2017 12:08:00 PM

This stuff is amazing!! I've been using it for a week now and I'm so impressed. I've used hundreds of dollars worth of skincare products, many moisturizers included, and this is by far the best. it makes my skin feel so soft and plump. It absorbs better than any other moisturizer I've ever used. A little goes a long way and I never feel smothered after using it. It's very light and the scent kind of reminds me of a sheet mask. My skin absolutely loves this stuff, it's definitely something I'll stick with.

on 5/13/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is an okay product. It's good that it's oil free and gas only vegetarian ingredients. I don't really like the packaging of it as it feels unhygienic having to dip my finger in. It leaves a sticky residue which I don't fancy so I don't really apply much on my face (a little goes a long way).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have super greasy, cystic acne-prone skin. This is a light gel consistency that doesn't clog me. It sets to a matte finish after only seconds of application. I can wear it during the day & night with no issues although I would need to add a sunscreen to this during the summer. This would probably not be good for drier skin who needs significant moisture before bed but it's the perfect balance for us grease balls. The packaging is alright for every day but to avoid spillage while traveling I recommend saving the box it comes in. I have never been picky about germs since I wash my hands before every application of this anyways. I don't really care if light or air gets into this product since I only need it for light hydration, nothing active or special.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this stuff and I've purchased at least 7 to 8 jars of it. I have combination, super acne prone skin and this is the only moisturizer that cures my dryness without breaking me out. I'm often dry because of the acne meds and washes but this fixes that and doesn't leave me worse off.

Only con is that it's very slippery and slightly greasy feeling so you can't wear makeup over it because it just slides off. So I only wear this at night.

on 1/30/2017 1:39:00 PM

I have combination skin. I have struggled with breakouts and eczema on my face simultaneously so I am always nervous to try new products. However, this for me is a gold mine. It leaves my face soft and supple but not oily or that "covered" feeling. It soaks in right away and makes my skin soft and smooth.

on 12/18/2016 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this moisturizer! I find the smell pleasant and as soon as the product "sinks in" it disappears. I have dry, sensitive skin and this has never caused me to break out or felt oily. A little bit goes a LONG way, for my whole face I probably use a dime sized amount at most. The only downside is the packaging, I hate the thought of coating my face with something I've dipped my fingers into every day for months....If this came in a pump I would rate it 5/5.