Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 19-24
Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

2.7

on 4/26/2009 9:29:00 AM

I would wear this perfume if i were in my late 30's-40's.
To me it smells luxurious and sophisticated, not really old ladyish, but by no means girly or infantile.
It's a lovely powdery smell with a prominence or carnation. Pleasing for my nose, however it's indeed not for the youngest audience. It's quite heavy and very long-lasting.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great for grandma, not for me.

Chemically, WAY too floral in a very unpleasant, musty way.

Love the bottle though?

EDIT:
I have to edit this. I was antique shopping today and found an old LdT bottle, I opened it up to smell it and was not at all jarring or chemically. I actually...liked it. But seeing as how that formulation is long gone...

Ok, once again, I hate to knock a classic. This perfume was my grandmother's hg and it really became her signature fragrance. I really liked smelling it on her as a little kid, because it was just her smell. When I got a little older, I tried it for myself and it was simply too floral for my taste. I do not feel like the smell really fit my personality, as I prefer fruity, sweet, tropical, and spicy fragrances. This perfume is really strong, and while some people can carry it off, it lingers and is easy to overdo. It is one of those perfumes that can easily "wear you" if you are not careful.