Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 19-24
Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

2.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I havent tried the actual perfume, but I have tried the soap, and I only have good thing to say about it. the packaging is just lovely. It is a big circular soap, and it comes in a cute little plastic container. At first I placed it with the lid off in my linen closet...and even though it was just a soap, the scent was strong enough to lightly scent my sheets and towels! Then i used it as an actual soap. the fragrance it leaves is so subtle and feminine, I cant stop sniffing my skin! I get sick of fragrances very quickly, but this one is so light and fresh that I cant imagine I would get tired of it.
I want to try the perfume, but Im afraid that it will be a little "old" for me. For now Im perfectly happy with the soap.

on 12/15/2008 1:38:00 AM

This fragrance smells like tissue with a slight hint of carnation and powder without the typical vanilla scent to the powder. But mostly it smells like tissue. This is to my untrained nose. However, the fragrance has such a nice history and a really beautiful bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My mom loves this fragrance, and happened to spray some on my arm. It is absolutely awful! It smells cheap, and reminds me of the smell in a gas station bathroom. Yuck! I told her that I didn't like it, I'm only 20, not 80. Would not recommend!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is just a very polarizing scent, and from what I've read most people just like it b/c it reminds me of their mom or grandmother or some memory from a few decades ago. Makes me sad to write this, but I think I like this less and less. I'm definitely a floral, even powdery floral girl, but if I were to wear this now, it would make me feel too old. I wore this in the middle of college when I spent my first summer in New York City, and I think I just liked it b/c it made me feel rich and expensive b/c I smelled like a rich and expensive old lady. This is a very sweet, powdery, strong scent..I'm undecided, so giving it 3 lippies -- it's an effective floral, but just has too much potential to smell bad. To me it is not delicate, airy, or fresh at all. You either love it or hate it.

on 7/5/2004 4:47:00 PM

My mother wore this scent in the 80s. I used to sneak into her room and spritz it... till one day I accidently spritzed some in my eye and had to stay home from school. I absolutely adore this scent. After about 15 or so years my mother had a bit left in a bottle that she gave me to me. I swore never to wear it because 1)she didn't remember the name of it, nor was it marked on the bottle 2)it smells too good to use up. My mother recently came back from Florida with a new bottle! And yay! I finally know the name of it now. But the older 80s packaging was much more timeless than this new one. I love this scent so much and it lasts all day. Definitely not your everyday run of the mill perfume. I'd save this for special occasions or days where you want your scent to be noticeable and lasting.

on 5/21/2004 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This perfume totally reminds me of the 80's when my mom would put this on while getting ready to go out. (so funny how so many of us say it reminds us of our mothers!) The soft floral scent smells elegant with a slightly powder-y drydown. Nothing harsh or spicy about this perfume. Smells very feminine. Couldn't wear it myself, but I love it on my mom!!

Oh, yuck. I was drawn to the beautiful bottle, and I'm a big fan of light florals, but this was just an assault on my senses. One of the only perfumes I truly hate.

on 9/11/2003 1:28:00 AM

I may be at a minority here... But I this perfume is disgusting. I got it as a gift several years ago, and was about to puke just smelling the bottle. I pretended to love it, of course. :) On my skin, it smells like rotten flowers and vomit. Perhaps it's just my bottle... But this is down there with Elixir and Glow.