Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

3.3

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I just bought it because of Nina Ricci's name..great packaging and wikipeidia has a page about this iconic perfume...Its bad please dont buy it its too sweet smells like a jasmine based hair oil ..I detest...I live in India.. and here villagers use this hair oil in abundance and where ever they go they carry this yukkie smell..Eeewww.I bought it and the moment I put this on it transported me in to bus or a train full of people reeking with the overuse of jasmine hair oil.....I have a problem with jasmine or say so much of jasmine.. and sandal wood...we have it all around us in temples...roses also...This is not I would like to put on my body...I gifted it away to my sister ..who also seems to not like it..Last time I asked her about the perfume she said that she has put it in her cubboard... post that she was quiet...I'm sorry Sis... :(< I will get you something nice but not from Nina ricci...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This scent smells kind of like baby powder to me. It's simple; too simple to be sexy or interesting or alluring. It smells sterile, there's nothing sexy about it. It smells like you've dusted yourself with baby powder. It smells like your mother.

on 8/16/2008 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Only reason why I'm giving 2 lippies is because I used to like this perfume as a little girl (got a sample size from my mom when I was 5). I recently tried this last summer and the scent grew stronger (in a bad way) until I had an aching headache and had to rinse my wrists under running water for what seemed like hours to get the scent off.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's unfortunate that the current obsession with all things new and "young" has caused a generation of women to turn their backs on some of the greatest fragrances of all time. Fragrance expert Tania Sanchez's recent pan of this classic notwithstanding, L'Air du Temps fits in this category. It is a light, easy to wear floral that's been a hit since it was introduced in 1948. Top notes; carnation, gardenia, middle notes; Rosa Centifolia, jasmine, base notes; iris, sandalwood. LdT is also one of the few fragrances that is still made almost entirely of natural ingredients. Luca Turin says it's been reformulated. The folks at Nina Ricci deny this. French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi-Aventis bought a 30% stake in Parfums Nina Ricci in the late 80's, about the time of the alleged reformulation...hmmmm. No matter, TMN, LdT is still every bit as enchanting as it was when I first smelled it in the 60's, and many long time wearers swear that it still smells the same. Try to sample the pure perfume. It's much softer and more subtle than the EDT. On another note, who are all of these husbands and boyfriends who dislike fragrances because they supposedly smell of "old lady?" In all my years of marriage, my husband has NEVER dismissed a perfume for smelling "old." He either likes it or he doesn't! Nor did I have any old lady smelling complaints from any boyfriend I had prior to my marriage. My fellow MUAers, do we really think that a 20 year old wearing LdT is going to be perceived as smelling OLD? Conversely, do we believe that an 80 year old will smell younger simply by wearing D & G Light Blue? What about context? What about grooming, manners, clothing, your speaking voice, your smile, your complexion, your hair, your posture?? Sophia Loren would still be sexy today whether she was wearing LdT or some chocolatey bubble gum "body spray." The Olsen twins would be, well... I won't go there. Contrary to what advertisers would have us believe, it's the woman who makes the fragrance, not the other way around. And, IMO, there's little room for ageism in the world of perfume.

on 7/27/2006 7:53:00 PM

I was so surprised when I finally tried this scent on. I have always been thinking "old lady" about it and never given it a chance, until now.
It truly is a classic, and I love the subtle carnation in it. I can smell a hint of gardenia and some ginger too mixed with sandalwood, but mostly carnation. On me, anyway.
And I don't get the powdery and musky notes mentioned at all. I find it a little to spicy on me to call it a floral, but it is not spicy or heavy like an oriental. It is.....something else.
The bottle is beautiful, but the cap is allready loose on mine.
I never in my dreams would have thought I could like it, and now
it just might end up as my favourite daytime scent because of the carnation.
And it's been around since the late 1940's UPDATE: After 2 months being unused, I must admit that I don't like it as much as I thought. I have been using several others and reached past this classic, so I think I will be giving it away. This is not bold, original, or yummy enough for me. Taking off a lippie and won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This was the first fragrance I ever bought at the age of 16 and I still love it. It is a fresh, airy, romantic floral scent, not at all musty or musky on me, and with just the right degree of sweetness (i.e., not too sweet!) Although many people find the carnation note spicy, I can't really detect any spices, and I find the predominant notes on my skin are rose, jasmine and iris. I have the edt and it lasts about 4 hours before I need to respray. I think this beautiful scent can be worn all year round, although it's particularly suitable for spring and summer. It does not get the attention it deserves in my opinion!

on 5/21/2004 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This perfume totally reminds me of the 80's when my mom would put this on while getting ready to go out. (so funny how so many of us say it reminds us of our mothers!) The soft floral scent smells elegant with a slightly powder-y drydown. Nothing harsh or spicy about this perfume. Smells very feminine. Couldn't wear it myself, but I love it on my mom!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

ok, this is my grandma's favorite perfume but ... it's very elegant and timeless! my grandfather buys her the pure perfume which lasts forever and smells exquisite. i love the smell, not only because i find it beautiful... but also because it brings back all kinds of happy memories for me :) ymmv :)

on 11/18/2001 5:37:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Medium

The parfume comes in a beautyful bottle and lasts "forever". Fresh, floral scent, but unexiting.

Popular Fragrances