Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

2.8

on 4/30/2013 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Sadly, very few so-called timeless classics ever work on me - I seem to be cursed (or blessed?) with the kind of skin, that works mostly with zeitgeist and the perfumes of "now and possibly tomorrow". Particularly badly my chemistry interacts with powdery scents. My skin kills completely the following perfumes, so much loved by many: Anais Anais, Fidji, Rive Gauche ( it takes some time, but there's always very little left of what it's supposed to be ) and L'air du temps is, sadly, no exception. At first there's powder, something yellow and a little green, and 5 minutes later - NOTHING. Just powder , if I shamelessly drench the whole arm with the tester at a drugstore in a fruitless attempt to experience the glorified beauty of this classic. Who knows - it is only the hype? Or is it my chemistry? Is it the new reformulation that is to blame? The end result is - I can simply spray air on my wrist, the effect will be exactly the same. If I come across a vintage bottle - will give it a go and get back with an update.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really do want to like this. I love the pretty bottle, and the scent is nice. Very floral, very carnation-y, and I've always liked the smell of carnations so I do like this. I can detect other powdery florals, and a very soft hint of a sandalwood, almost musky note (but not quite, it's very faint). I like to wear this when I feel feminine and soft and like a flower. It's a definite classic that reminds me of springtime.

The problem is....this just does not last on me. When I first apply it, I can smell it for maybe an hour, ninety minutes...and then it's like it disappears. I can't detect even a hint of it. It might still be there, but wow....what a fast drydown, on me anyway. It's pretty stong when first applied, but it dries down and...away. I might try a larger bottle sometime to see if that helps (I have a small, trial-sized bottle).

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is powdery-bitter smell! very old-ladish, strange, I would normally give 2 lippies, but I give 3 just because of beautifull bottle and adv with Elise Crombez :))

on 3/6/2004 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The moment I got a whiff of this perfume, the first image that came to mind was a little sweet elderly grandma getting ready for Sunday church. This is definitely a "mature" scent. Not for me but still a nice perfume.