Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

3.2

on 5/5/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This smell like baby product, fortunately I didn't spend any money on it since it was a present, because this is definitely not the kind of perfume I'm used to purchase. It smells like soap, really, each time I spray a little on my hand it's like I just washed them. It's not elegant, nor sweet, I don't know, I just don't like it, the smell is kind of powdery, kind of old also, it's not feminine. The only positive point I'll have to give is that it smells kind of fresh & floral.

on 7/4/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My absolute favorite in the world scent. Flowery, but not cloying -- very sophisticated and elegant. I'm in my mid 40's now, and I've worn this since high school. I am subject to migraines and this is one of very few fragrances that don't smell chemically to me, and give me a headache. Other favorites of mine are Chantilly and Shalimar.

on 8/16/2008 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Only reason why I'm giving 2 lippies is because I used to like this perfume as a little girl (got a sample size from my mom when I was 5). I recently tried this last summer and the scent grew stronger (in a bad way) until I had an aching headache and had to rinse my wrists under running water for what seemed like hours to get the scent off.

on 8/14/2008 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I discovered two vintage sample vials of this in a drawer. This was a big scent in the '70s and was the epitome of French-ness, with an ad campaign featuring gauzy pics of young women (shot by David Hamilton!) These bottles are from the early 80's, so I'm assuming this is pre-reformulation, and the fragrance is different to my nose. It's an unusual and distinctive clove-carnation smell, not unsimilar to LUSH's "Fever," if you're into that. The vintage is pretty nice, light, a good daytime city fragrance, but the clove sticks out (to me) in the reformulation. Actually, I think this would make a pretty good masculine...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I fell in love with this creation gradually. It is such a charming fragrance, very feminine and caressing. Many florals are jumbled mess. They are either too sharp, too cloying, too sweet or very fleeting. This one seems to be a very successful composition. It doesnít fit any of the abovementioned categories. The carnation here is very timid and gentle, unlike CDG Red Carnation which is very flamboyant and spicy. This reminds me of May or October, with young blossoms or yellowing leaves and chrysanthemums. The Benzoin note gives LíAir a slightly powdery note, which gives the fragrance that translucency. Thankfully I donít detect gardenia, which I am not a fan of, but bergamot and neroli are present, there is also tiny speckle of jasmine which adds that crispy fresh note. This is a wonderfully tranquil, complex and delicate fragrance. I can see why itís a classic. Forget my mother, I will be wearing this for ages to come.

Update: changed my mind. It's too sour and very fleeting.

on 4/21/2006 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Heavenly masterpiece. Very complex sligthly bitter spicy fresh flowery scent. Both happy and sad, very tender. For a feminine woman of any age.

Popular Fragrances