Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Filtered by skin type : Other
Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

3.6

on 11/9/2014 5:31:00 PM

hey guys, have a 30 ml bottle of it.. Used just twice. If u wanna exchange it, lemme know.

L'Air du Temps is a soapy floral like hundreds of others out there, such as Je Reviens. The only thing that makes this any bit interesting is the carnation, which I enjoy but comes off as old-fashioned. If L'Air du Temps was powdery rather than soapy, dark rather than bright, it would be outstanding. But as it is, it's just L'Air du Temps. Meh.

on 7/2/2010 8:43:00 AM

I have worn L'Air du Temps my entire life and therefore it reminds me (surprise surprise) of my entire life. It now seems that the Universe as well as the current owners of Nina Ricci have conspired to tell me it's time to move on. The incredible loveliness of this fragrance, discovered in my late teens, must be held accountable for my budding and enduring interest in perfumes as a very significant, highly expressive art form; the only fragrance I have ever worn exclusively for any length of time, in what seemed to be a state of uninterrupted bliss, never thinking I would ever need or want anything else.
Alas, the exquisite, unmatched beauty of this gardenia, carnation, neroli, white roses bouquet, is barely even recognizeable in the reformulated version. I still treasure the last remaining drops of my closely-guarded old bottle, and try to accept the fact that life is a journey that takes us through many changing, sometimes very different landscapes. I have kept an open mind and a clear unprejudiced readiness for new experience, and yet it breaks my heart a little, leaving this sweet, pure, lovingly drawn tableau of days gone by, so far behind.

on 2/21/2008 10:47:00 AM

Smells exactly live Nivea lotion on me. Makes me a little nostalgic for...Nivea?
Hm. Has that powdery quality reminiscent of Chanel No.5, Joy, etc....seems like the classics are always a little aldehydic, a little powdery, perhaps a gesture to a time when perfume was the finishing part of a toilette, like a dusting of powder.

on 6/25/2007 12:46:00 PM

I love this scent. On me, it's very light and slightly floral, a wonderful scent that makes me feel confident and sexy. It's the only scent I've worn that other women have consistently complimented and say they'd like to try (And men have complimented.) Chanel No. 5 has a similar smell but is a little stronger--better for night time.

on 12/21/2005 1:39:00 PM

Long ago (I am in my 50s) L'Air du Temps was a perfume that fit its name perfectly. It was intoxicating, fresh, and light. Carnations, lillies, green notes. It's NOT that way anymore, but I am positive that it's the formula that has been changed, not my memory of the fragrance! There's a sharp top note that is very synthetic, and some sort of musky base note that I don't recall that muddies up the scent when it dries. Does anyone else find this to be so? Very disappointing, since it was one of my favorites for so long.

on 10/13/2005 11:55:00 AM

I first wore this fragrance when I was a teen-age girl, flush with romantic fantasies about what my future as a woman would hold. Twenty-some years later, I tried it on again when I received a sample in the mail. It was sweet and powdery and not at all "me" anymore. But it was fun to reconnect with my younger self for a while and daydream ...

on 1/8/2005 8:59:00 AM

Sampled this. Another reviewer mentioned Wind Song. This is like a softer version that fades too quickly on me and turns dusty. If I got his as a gift I would be happy because of the bottle. Really beautiful. I might use my sample for weekends. This is another floral that is just not for me, but I see why others like it.

on 9/11/2004 7:21:00 PM

This EDT is like a breath of spring on me. Clean, spicy - almost clovey - carnation drying down to a softer, green carnation with a hint of some unidentifiable (to my nose, anyway) wood. Powdery? What? Where? Certainly not on me.

Fresh, assertive, cheerful, enchanting.

on 8/8/2004 8:13:00 AM

I used to adore this when I was a teenager, I wanted to literally drink it in. Then suddenly it just lost its allure, I think my body chemistry must have changed. I do still like it, it's very fresh and floral, it reminds me of tennis parties and summer. But it does say young and virginal to me - there's no sex there and I do think that perfume is really about sex ………. even if you’re at work……