Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

3.6

on 11/9/2014 5:31:00 PM

hey guys, have a 30 ml bottle of it.. Used just twice. If u wanna exchange it, lemme know.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ancient, sweet and creamy.

Definitely not for me.

L'Air du Temps is a soapy floral like hundreds of others out there, such as Je Reviens. The only thing that makes this any bit interesting is the carnation, which I enjoy but comes off as old-fashioned. If L'Air du Temps was powdery rather than soapy, dark rather than bright, it would be outstanding. But as it is, it's just L'Air du Temps. Meh.

on 7/2/2010 8:43:00 AM

I have worn L'Air du Temps my entire life and therefore it reminds me (surprise surprise) of my entire life. It now seems that the Universe as well as the current owners of Nina Ricci have conspired to tell me it's time to move on. The incredible loveliness of this fragrance, discovered in my late teens, must be held accountable for my budding and enduring interest in perfumes as a very significant, highly expressive art form; the only fragrance I have ever worn exclusively for any length of time, in what seemed to be a state of uninterrupted bliss, never thinking I would ever need or want anything else.
Alas, the exquisite, unmatched beauty of this gardenia, carnation, neroli, white roses bouquet, is barely even recognizeable in the reformulated version. I still treasure the last remaining drops of my closely-guarded old bottle, and try to accept the fact that life is a journey that takes us through many changing, sometimes very different landscapes. I have kept an open mind and a clear unprejudiced readiness for new experience, and yet it breaks my heart a little, leaving this sweet, pure, lovingly drawn tableau of days gone by, so far behind.

Over the past fifteen or twenty years, I have periodically tested L'Air du Temps on my wrist whenever I would see a bottle at the department store. I guess I've never had the privilege of testing the magnificent original that everyone raves about, because the reformulated version just doesn't thrill me, no matter how many times I sample it. It's just a pretty soap-like fragrance that's too nondescript on my skin to be worth wearing.

I'm honestly surprised at the reviewers who say the reformulation is too strong or headache-inducing, because whenever I spray this on, I have a hard time believing I'm wearing any fragrance at all. The olfactory impression on my skin is just soap, soap, soap. If this perfume made a statement on me, that statement would be nothing more profound than "I have recently bathed." This is not to say that I dislike all faint perfumes or soapy perfumes, it's just that this particular perfume doesn't work with my chemistry to create an interesting result.

on 3/23/2009 5:57:00 PM

I used to love this many moons ago. I just can't wear it now. It gives me horrible headaches. Shame, because the bottle is so beautiful and the name is lovely too, but in the end, it's the scent that matters and I just can't stand it. I wish I could be more precise about it and explain exactly what I don't like about it-but it is just like a love affair that went sour, and you can't stand the sight of the person at all.
Still, I feel jealous of those who can wear this,the name is pure poetry.

on 2/21/2008 10:47:00 AM

Smells exactly live Nivea lotion on me. Makes me a little nostalgic for...Nivea?
Hm. Has that powdery quality reminiscent of Chanel No.5, Joy, etc....seems like the classics are always a little aldehydic, a little powdery, perhaps a gesture to a time when perfume was the finishing part of a toilette, like a dusting of powder.

on 1/27/2008 6:40:00 PM

Some of my fondest memories are tied into L'Air Du Temps... my mother wore it and she was the epitome of feminine elegance. When she wore it, it would waft from her skin and form a fragrant halo around her.

I won't bother breaking it down by note, but this is a timeless fragrance and is as relevant today as when it first launched. It's considered one of the Top 5, and for very good reason.

Feminine, elegant, classic.

L'Air Du Temps: 1.6oz
The Place: Walgreens
The Price: 50% off for $18.00
The Sensory Experience: Priceless

Two frosted love birds in a rapturous embrace kiss the glass bottle. This classic fragrance by Nina Ricci has a spicy and soapy quality that settles into a soft and mellow smoothness. My grandmother's signaure and my favorite. Perfect for job interviews and just being.

on 11/16/2007 9:51:00 AM

When i tried this for the first time a few months ago i didnt like it. I thought it was to powderey/floral. I tried it again a few days ago and decided i liked it after all and i bought a bottle of it. I didnt realize that it is a classic and dates back to the late 40's. The phrase that comes to my mind when i wear this is "floral lemons". Like a big bowl of juicy lemons surrounded by flowers. Also, this scent goes through quite a metamorphosis on my skin. One minute i'll smell the "floral lemons" the next i'll get an Ivory soap scent and then sometimes i'll get a vanilla type scent wafting up to my nose. As the scent fades i'll get a woody type scent. I appreciate that this scent goes through stages like it does. It keeps things interesting.

Popular Fragrances